How many times did Alan Carter crash an eagle?

I wonder who crashed more, Koenig or Carter?

I once counted how many eagles they killed over both seasons and I came up with 26. 16 in the first season. I counted three crashed that were probably not totalled, as well. That also meant they were on the moon so they had time to recover and rebuild them.

Pretty high mortality rate.

Let's put it this way, if Koenig and Carter were your pilots, you'd better be wearing a space suit. :lol

The excellent "Space 1999 Catacombs" site has got your answers.

http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/main/cguide/umeaglecrash.html

Eagle losses were high: at least 24 Eagles were destroyed or lost. Eagle 1 had a high casualty rate: Black Sun (destroyed), Missing Link (crashed), Space Brain (crushed), Dragon's Domain (left docked to Ultra probe), The Metamorph (left on Psychon), The Seance Spectre (crashed on Tora), Devil's Planet (crashed on Entra) and The Immunity Syndrome (disintegrated on planet surface).

Twelve Eagles suffer crashes (four of them are Eagle 1). Most are on the lunar surface; just three are on alien planets (Tora, Ellna and the Immunity Syndrome planet). Eagles always crash from right to left. Explosions and fire are rare, but common in atmospheres (logically).

John Koenig has 7 Eagle crashes on his record; Alan Carter has 4 crashes (2 as copilot to Koenig). In addition, an alternate Koenig and Alan were killed in an Eagle crash in Another Time, Another Place.

Let's put it this way, if Koenig and Carter were your pilots, you'd better be wearing a space suit. :lol

John Koenig has 7 Eagle crashes on his record; Alan Carter has 4 crashes (2 as copilot to Koenig). In addition, an alternate Koenig and Alan were killed in an Eagle crash in Another Time, Another Place.

I'd feel better wearinbg a spacesuit over my spacesuit.

Only four!? :eek That can't be right. Alan was a wrecking machine.

As some of you may know Nick Tate was on the TV show "Lost" where he crashed a pickup truck. It was very nostalgic.

Not to mention that he crashed a shuttle (his character's own, not one of the E-D shuttles) carrying Picard and Wesley on an episode of TNG.

Jim

I'd hate being a mechanic there. They have all the fun, you have all the work, and you can't quit. Ever.

One variant we never saw was the Tow Truck Eagle.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back