Doctor Who - The End of Time - Part 2 (Spoilers)

Bothan Jedi

I don't see a thread for this yet so I thought I'd start one (apart from the spoiler free thread.)

What do people think? Did the Master/Timelords get off to easy/too soon in the episode?

And did you see The Doctors ultimate downfall coming? The signs where there from early on in the episode and as soon as Wilfred swapped places to save the technician I knew what was coming. :(

I thought I was going to get all emotional as the end neared, but I thought RTD's self indulgences got in the way. I can understand why he tipped a nod to all the old major surviving characters, but it did go on don't you think? I specially liked Jack's cantina scene, does the mean he'll be riding back to earth with Alonso?

To be honest, I enjoyed the accompanying Doctor Who Confidential more and did tear up a few times. :)

Yea, it was kinda weird how quickly the Time Lord scene played out. :/ And the Marta-Mickey thing was odd.

Of course, I could sit here and pick apart every scene, but I'm going to try and look on the bright side and take it for what it was: the end of the Tenth Doctor and a new beginning. And I'm just glad The Doctor didn't use the gun on anyone; I was freaking about that the entire time.

It was a little anticlimactic. The quality of writing on these last two episodes was a bit low in my opinion. From the trailer for next season it looks like that's going to change though. That trailer and Matt Smith's part at the end were both very good and I'm looking forward to him as the Doctor. I really hope he doesn't say "Geronimo!" as often as it appears he will. If you've seen Moffat's show Coupling you'll never be able to think of that as another "Fantastic!" or "Brilliant!"

Anyhow, Tennant's last scene was really great and I really hope they do bring him back at some point.

A quick question as I haven't seen enough of the classic series to know all about the Timelords. Was Timothy Dalton's character actually Rassilon? I can't remember if it was the Doctor or the Master, but somebody called him Rassilon and I was under the impression that Rassilon was the first Timelord or something like that, not just some random evil President of the Timelords. I've been planning on getting a seal of Rassilon tattoo for a few months and if they've canonized Rassilon as an evil character I'm definitely not going to do that.

Who was the woman time lord?

It was so good to see him say goodbye to everyone, especially Rose! I loved how the radiation slowly killed him and he slowly regenerated.

I wonder if we will ever see the alternate universe Doctor again :)

My girlfriend thought that it was his mother. If you follow that line of thought, presumably the other guy who never showed his face would be his father.

They were the two who voted against breaking the time lock.

My theory was that she was the Doctor's mother. She voted against the Time Lord's return because she knew it would result in the Doctor's death and regeneration. She was personally impacted by the Doctor's situation, which suggests she was intimately familiari with him, not just another Time Lord. Her crying and the Doctor's reaction to seeing her face suggests mother.

I'm not clear on the Rassilon thing either. He was supposed to be dead and gone long before the Time War.

I'm also curious that there was really no resolution for the Master at the end. After shooting the President, he just left or snuck out?

Rassilon was the greatest of timelords and the first. Rasilon is imortal and was imprisoned.
He was a major part of the episode "The Five Doctors"
I thougt as well the two dissenting votes were the doctors mother and Barusa his first teacher.
I thought it was an interesting episode.
Looking forward to the next season/series.
Mobius

I enjoyed the epsidoe for what it was, yes it could ahve been better but I think that the doctor got his due at the end by saying goodbye to all his friends, great scene's by the way, loved the regeneration "I dont want to go" loved the line!

I also think it was his mother, they seem to have shared a moment when looking at each other, and was also wondering about the master, he semed vindicated and like a changed man at his last scene, but then just left? Im really looking forward to the new who, I thought I wouldent like it, but matt smith looks pretty good!

I really enjoyed the whole part, and thought the final 4 knocks was really funny and well done :)

I only can't remember who the woman signing books was ?, anybody know ?

I really enjoyed the whole part, and thought the final 4 knocks was really funny and well done :)

I only can't remember who the woman signing books was ?, anybody know ?

She was the grandaughter of the woman the Doctor fell in love with when he thought he was human in Human Nature/Family of Blood

I saw Wilf being the one to knock last week. I liked the Master at the end, that was cool, though presumably, he has gone back with the Time Lords.

I also think that the woman was his mother. And did anyone notice in the cantina with Jack, they just about crammed in every alien from Tennants tenure as the Doctor?

"Worst. Rescue. Ever!"

I think the woman was the Doctor's granddaughter, Susan. When asked by Wilf, instead of answering he looks at Donna, who is Wilfs granddaughter.

Claire Bloom, who played "The Woman" is quoted as saying she was playing the Doctor's mother. Until it's refuted officially, I think it's safe to assume that's the case.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the special 5 minutes Tennant recorded specifically for BBC America audiences is. It's nice to see recognition for us fans here across the pond.

About the episodes themselves, I wasn't the biggest fan. I do love the Master and what the actor did with him, but the overall story just didn't do it for me. I'm more of a fan of episodes like The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit and Silence in the Library. The Waters of Mars was another one I quite enjoyed and hoped would lend some of its atmosphere to The End of Time.

Oh well, I didn't dislike it, but it's not one of my all time favorites, either. I will say that the brief bit with the 11th Doctor has given me a bit of hope that it won't be bad. Because, honestly, the kinda emo look had put me off.

Terribly written episode - so much could have been done but I should have already know it would be out of Russell T's reach as a writer.

The Matt Smith stuff was pretty funny - I look forward to seeing how he handles things, but I already miss David.

I thought it was great! Got kinda long at the end...but all in all I will miss David. That new kid has some huge boots to fill.

Horrible, horrible writing in both parts of The End of Time. I'm glad to see RTD leave, but I'll miss Tennant. So many weird holes in the plot and so much crap rushed into it it makes me sad. Tennant deserved a much better end for his Doctor. The special had some good stuf too it but that was overshadowed by the mucked up nonsense.

Frankly I'm a little glad to see the 10th Doctor go. His whole rant at Wilfred before stepping in the chamber seemed to me just short of him saying he's better than Wilfred and he shouldn't have to sacrifice himself like that. The Tenth Doctor just grew more and more full of himself and that was really off-putting for me as time went on. I don't think the Ninth Doctor would have done all this whining, he would have just stepped up and done it.

Is it me or did this episode completely undercut the Doctor's survivor's guilt from the Time War.

Good riddance to RTD.

Frankly I'm a little glad to see the 10th Doctor go. His whole rant at Wilfred before stepping in the chamber seemed to me just short of him saying he's better than Wilfred and he shouldn't have to sacrifice himself like that. The Tenth Doctor just grew more and more full of himself and that was really off-putting for me as time went on. I don't think the Ninth Doctor would have done all this whining, he would have just stepped up and done it.

Is it me or did this episode completely undercut the Doctor's survivor's guilt from the Time War.

Good riddance to RTD.

I'm glad RTD is leaving too. I didn't like how he took the 10th Doctor character that seemed to love mankind and turned him into a self important ******* in the last two specials. I doubt Moffat would have went that route with him.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back