Paranormal Activity on DVD

Yeah, well, I may not believe in ghosts, but I can still be frightened by a good ghost story. And I believe Paranormal Activity qualifies.

Just my opinion, of course.

Yeah, well, I may not believe in ghosts, but I can still be frightened by a good ghost story. And I believe Paranormal Activity qualifies.

Just my opinion, of course.

Agreed. I'm too pragmatic to believe in the concept of disembodied spirits, or demons as it may be...

But I thought the film was entertainingly creepy. To the piont that it motivated me to research the true story behind The Exorcist. Of which I shared the view point of the author of the work I was reading - that there was no actual demonic possession; just behavior anomalies with the boy in question.

So I suppose the film took me full circle.

I hate to admit it but the movie did cost me a night of sleep.

I found it very entertaining and, IMHO, one of the creepier films I've seen in a very long time.

While I did not find this movie to be THAT scary, until the end, I thought with the money they spent and the amount of time they had to shot the movie, this was not too bad to be honest. I found myself wanting to scream at Katie to toss Micah out of the house after night #2 for ignoring her and making light of the situation. :lol

I liked the theatrical ending better then the alternate ending. I think sometimes "less is more".

I am totally oblivious to this show, except that it is being called the "scariest thing in years"... which, I hope, is a compliment.

We have to wait another week for it, sadly. :unsure

So, is this just like Paranormal State or Ghost Hunters or is there something more to this movie? Cuz if I get a rip-off of those crappy shows I'll be pretty pissed.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would..I couldnt stand Micah at all and couldnt wait to see what happened to him.. I think the original ending fit the story better, with the history of the demon following her around her entire life...

So, is this just like Paranormal State or Ghost Hunters or is there something more to this movie? Cuz if I get a rip-off of those crappy shows I'll be pretty pissed.

It is that type of show dramatized via a little of the old Mulder/Scully type gullibility/skepticism. The wife being the gullible type and the husband behaving like an amused skeptic for much of the film. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back