Buck Rogers Costume Patterns

Thanks folks I appreciate the compliments, but I was just the guy wearing it;), the real credit goes to the seamstress. She put some serious time into knocking it out and was much more knowledgable than I thought when putting all the pieces together. I'm going to see if she would be interested in doing more suits if there's interest so stand by...

Thanks folks I appreciate the compliments, but I was just the guy wearing it;), the real credit goes to the seamstress. She put some serious time into knocking it out and was much more knowledgable than I thought when putting all the pieces together. I'm going to see if she would be interested in doing more suits if there's interest so stand by...

She really did an outstanding job!! Standing by... ;)

I can't get over how great that turned out. I might be able to pull off the dress uniform, but that flight suit is pretty unforgiving if one has had a rough year keeping the ol' gut in line!

Sorry it took so long to get the information, I spoke with the seamstress last night.

She is willing to do more flight suits on a first come first serve basis, and may also do the dress jackets if there is a real interest. She asked if I would put the word out and assist with orders, etc., I agreed for a deal on a dress jacket.
If there is an interest for the flight suits drop me a PM and I will pass all the needed info., cost, time, etc.

Just to be clear, I'm not getting ANY funds from any transactions, I just agreed to help someone with the abilities to put the costumes together (and a trepidation of the internet) get involved with folks that want their own BR costumes for a deal on a jacket for myself.

Sucess!!!
I'll post a couple pics. this evening from Alb. Comic Con, but for now, know that I think we've got it figured and a big thanks to Kezler for words of wisdom.
The final product was put together like this;
-8.5 yds of white jumbo spandex
-The tunic has a rolled lower hem, the "caplet" on the shoulders is hemmed with a rolled facing and is not double layered (none of the costume is) and tacked on the shoulders, sides of the chest and sides of the back. The inside of the tunic neckline also has a facing.
-The sleeves lines are tucked seams at 1" and a very, very tight seam (and yes you do get a nice set of lines on your arms for a while after you wear it :lol
-The pants seams were the same but sewn on the outside (good side) of the fabric at 1.25" apart.

Gil and Erin loved it, especially Erin. Her reaction as I handed her my helmet to sign, "Oh my god!" :eek They both talked about the show and really liked the helmet, Gil talked about his being special fit from a Bell. Very neat folks!

5364988985_287e11d8b9.jpg

BRsuit

Your seamstress deserves a gold star! Excellent work.

I wish I was still shaped well enough to wear a copy of this costume. But time and tide have worked their evil upon me. And as you are all well aware: white spandex is a CRUEL mistress!!

-Gordon

Sorry it took so long to get the information, I spoke with the seamstress last night.

She is willing to do more flight suits on a first come first serve basis, and may also do the dress jackets if there is a real interest. She asked if I would put the word out and assist with orders, etc., I agreed for a deal on a dress jacket.
If there is an interest for the flight suits drop me a PM and I will pass all the needed info., cost, time, etc.

Just to be clear, I'm not getting ANY funds from any transactions, I just agreed to help someone with the abilities to put the costumes together (and a trepidation of the internet) get involved with folks that want their own BR costumes for a deal on a jacket for myself.

Well I have had so much fun working with the Blackstar Squadron and the classic Battlestar Galactica costuming that I think I would like to give a good Buck Rogers outfit a try. Is your seamstress friend still taking commissions?

Well I have had so much fun working with the Blackstar Squadron and the classic Battlestar Galactica costuming that I think I would like to give a good Buck Rogers outfit a try. Is your seamstress friend still taking commissions?

I'm afraid not, she has since retired completely and is no longer working.

Gee2 (Jason) - Your Buck Rogers flight Suit really turned out great (judging by the pictures). - Understand that the seamstress/taylor who built it is no longer in the game. Is there any way to acquire a pattern so that maybe another costumer/seamstress can tackle it for those of us who missed this initial bus ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
I'm afraid not, she has since retired completely and is no longer working.

Gee2, I read thru all three pages holding my breath that when I got to the end of the thread that I would find that you had a successful path lined out for how I could order a flight suit, but sadly I found out that your seamstress is not taking orders. I really need a few of these suits to go along with our full scale Star Fighter that we are building. Is there anything you can do to help me out? Pattern's, test sample of that 12" by 12" test piece. A better description of the stitching process. Sell or loan or rent me your suit and I'll backwards engineer it's construction. I don't sew or speak the language of sewing, so all that you described of the what your seamstress did went right over my head. But I'm sure if I found a good sewer then they'd understand your description.

I truly wish I could assist but I'm no seamstress guru myself, I will try and get contact info for the woman that did the work but I can't guarantee anything. As for pattern, etc. I can take some detail shots of the costume if folks are interested in trying to attempt it themselves. I do have the patterns for the arm band and holster for anyone that may need / want. I believe I have a few vac pulls of the arm and belt boxes with the original kit-bashed model pieces and the EDF buckle detail if there's interest. Last but not least I have one of the original "poster" guns Buck used for promo's etc., haven't molded it based on lack of interest but if there is I would consider it.
TX, I'll send you a PM about your questions as well;)

A supposedly authentic one is up for auction at Hakes auction house. only one day left to bid. http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=214&ItemNo=139012

I was the opening bid at $500 but was out bid and don't want to chase it any higher since it is really questionable as to who wore the shirt on the show. I almost guarantee that it was not one of Erin Grey's assigned shirts. Take a look at it and see if you agree, that the stitching is wrong. On the women's shirts, the chest area body of the shirts had a form fitting taper seam that ran vertically from the breast down to the waist line, ending under the belt. This allowed the shirt to be more form fitting for women. The men's shirts had a similar taper seam, but ran horizontally from the nipples outwards to the arm pits. I'm no expert, but the one for sale on Hakes strikes me as a man's shirt. Not a woman's. And no size is given. Also for auction is a pair of white spandex leisure pants from the show, but they are not the ribbed starfighter uniform pants. Also for auction is a pair of mens white boots. http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=214&ItemNo=138921 Look at how tall the boost heels are. Who was the shorty that wore those size 11s.

Comments? If anyone ends up buying this shirt at auction I'd like to go in on it with you to analyze how it was made so we can, as a group start making our own costumes. I recently bought a nice spandex long sleeve, V neck, high collar shirt that will make a great foundation for the uniform. All it needs is the ribbing up the sleeves and add the secondary shoulder cowl.

Perhaps someone help me on this bit of Dress Uniform: What specific type/pattern was used on the E.D.D. dress jackets and sleeves? Back when I made my 1st dress uni all I had to go on was the 5/8th"plain braid. As a result of today's te ch, One can see the difference. Thanks in advance, Larry aka Stryer

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back