JAWS- Hoopers shark tracker prop info and discussion

I'm still looking for the orange battery cap for the strobe. There was some talk awhile back of somebody making a cast of an original. Does anybody have one available?. I have some of the neo-tracker stickers made up on metallic paper.
Thanks,

I have call into my guy they have THREE orange tip batteries and SDU-5 from the late 70's no masking... Anyone else wanting one these I can get prices?

Also, I just bought a real Neo Flasher unit on EBay with the real Label. It has black lines, not a shaded shape in the beams.
image.jpg

I made a replica label for this prop a couple of years ago if anybody can use it.

11/8/14 the label on the right is the revised label. Thanks to cirrusx1's image of an actual label pictured below I made adjustments to both the size and layout of the font and logo.

Attachments

• Neo flasher logo.png
    Neo flasher logo.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Neo flasher.png
    Neo flasher.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
image.jpg
Here is an actual Neo flasher unit with the original label attached to an original production used Barrel. Label is 2 inches by 1 3/8 in size. I like the sticker all beat up. That is the way it came.

Hello! I realize I'm pretty late to this discussion, but am also feeling my way through the facts and fiction regarding the Neo-Flasher and have a few questions before I make a purchase:

1) Is the actual screen-used flasher an ACR/4F or the SDU-5/E?
2) Is it actually possible to find one that is completely factory-made and completely accurate to the on-screen version?
3) If so, does it really have the "Neo-Flasher" label on it like in the movie or was the addition of the sticker just added by the movie's prop dept?
4) Since this discussion was originated, has anyone discovered a more simple approach to obtaining an accurate screen-used flasher???

Thank You in advance ~ Very glad to be in the presence of such like-minded collectors!

~ James

Last edited:
Hello! I realize I'm pretty late to this discussion, but am also feeling my way through the facts and fiction regarding the Neo-Flasher and have a few questions before I make a purchase:

1) Is the actual screen-used flasher an ACR/4F or the SDU-5/E?
2) Is it actually possible to find one that is completely factory-made and completely accurate to the on-screen version?
3) If so, does it really have the "Neo-Flasher" label on it like in the movie or was the addition of the sticker just added by the movie's prop dept?
4) Since this discussion was originated, has anyone discovered a more simple approach to obtaining an accurate screen-used flasher???

Thank You in advance ~ Very glad to be in the presence of such like-minded collectors!

~ James

Looks like James found one the batteries are getting harder and harder to find.. been trying to stock one on hand but cost is always an issue! Going to look at updating these decals... James just mailed off ones I had but see if we can not jazz them up more, I know a guy that does great decal work! MORE TO COME!

Ok, I just purchased one of these on ebay with the orange cap, now I am looking to make a label on my laser printer. I see there are are a couple variations of the label unfortunately this thread is soo old the pictures do not load anymore as well as the jaws board link. Does everyone agree that the neo-flasher label used on screen is suppose to have the black tick marks around it? If anyone has the blueray copy I guess there is a good shot of it at 1:24:18:16. I have the ability to print on silver foil paper and I have a vinyl plotter so I can cut the rectangle out perfectly. I just want to get it right on which logo is most screen accurate. Please let me know what the consensus is for the correct labelNeo flasher.pngneoflasher comp1.JPG.

Thanks

Wait, so those are the real labels? They weren't made for the film?

ALSO: screencap attached.

Attachments

• Flasher.png
    Flasher.png
    612.8 KB · Views: 587
Ok thanks for clarifying that, by next question is someone posted that the label is 2"x 1 3/8" it looks like that is way too small. I also read that it was approx 2x3" anyone have a good idea on what the dimensions are on the real one.

Thanks

Ok thanks for clarifying that, by next question is someone posted that the label is 2"x 1 3/8" it looks like that is way too small. I also read that it was approx 2x3" anyone have a good idea on what the dimensions are on the real one.

Thanks

Hiya, sorry for the late reply. The logo with the ticks is accurate. I took it from an original label, cleaned it up on adobe illustrator and that's what you see above. If you want a higher res copy of the label let me know. The 2 by 1 3/8th size is accurate too.

Custom back label based on the film rather than the standard neo flasher serial label.

jawsbarrels2copy.png

- - - Updated - - -

If you need some clarification about the size of the label, check out Lukes photo of the strobe unit. The labels length can be compared next to the tape measure.

All this discussion about the foil sticker... It's kind of interesting to see that the Screen-Used Tracker has it's sticker all faded away. Ahhhh. Such are the ravages of time, eh?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back