Judge Minty- Judge Dredd fan film- 1st Day shoot pics

I generally dislike fan films. There's usually a horrible script made even worse by horrible acting.
And yet, there are a few really good ones that catch me by surprise once in a while...
This looks to be one of them. Just from the few photos you show here I'm looking forward to this more than most of the feature films slated for this year.
I don't even care what the quality of the acting and writing will be (and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that they're good) I just want to see a little snippet of the comics brought to life. It's the feeling I never got from the Stallone film and it looks like you'll be bringing it.
P.S. I LOVE the choice of the subdued weathered green on the boots and pads. Just the right color to honor the comic but still feel realistic. If you ever do a run on these costumes (or even sell off the ones from the film to fund some post) I'll be first in line with some cash.

Hey- Cheers!
The principle Actor is Edmind Dehn, who is a professional actor with a portfolio going back a few decades. His last film was shot in '08, directed by Sharlto Copley, so he certainly hits the mark ;-)
The funny steering wheel thing is basically a hand held image steadying device/gimble, its sometimes easier to keep the camera attached than de-rig it for every other take.
Thanks for the comments on the costume, it certainly took a while to get to the stage it is now. Thanks to the imput of the two Steves its certainly comes up to scratch in front of the camera!
I have seen some of Steves working cuts with the CG elements applied, they look brilliant.

D

Can't wait to see this when it comes out. Is there an estimated release date yet?

Nothing set in stone-
We have pretty much shot the opening 5 mins or so, which Steve Green is just finishing off in post as we speak.
We will be shooting the bulk of the movie hopefully around April '10 time, which will be the Cursed Earth locations...
I am about to start making a 'bad guy' costume, which should be fun. I am hoping to use some animatronics in it, if I can persuade the two Steve's to agree !

One thing I will say to remind people is that this project is only a short- 20 mins- but this is to allow us to get it into film competitions, Cons, etc etc, and to make it generally more accessible to people online. I know some people might be a bit :cry about that but it keeps the whole project realistic for completion !

D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back