William "Bill the Butcher" Cutting

Hey guys, I work with leather and plan on making most of this costume myself. I just finished the belt. I can make these pretty easily if anyone is interested. I'm making the Skull Cap as well. I'll post those pics when I am done.

I'm attempting to make this costume for this Halloween. Anyone know where I can find similar pants that Bill wears in the first fight scene? Also, how high is the crown on his hat in that scene? It looks taller than 8 in to me. And it looks like maybe blue silk as the hatband instead of grosgrain. How tall do you guys think the crown is and how tall is the blue hatband?

Here is another one QBEI0540.JPGIMG_0591.jpgIMG_0543 2.jpg

Bill the Butcher is in my top three characters list. I love that guy. Didn't care for the ending of the movie, but he was fantastic. Oh, and I have nothing important to add to this thread, I was just saying....

"AMSTERDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol

Great thread to bump and yeah Daniel WAS ROBBED at the Oscars that year!

I finally finished this costume for Halloween a few years ago! I guess I forgot to post about it here, hahah. Here's the specific outfit I was trying to emulate:
ceDzPCW.pngNawrc7I.jpg

And here's how it turned out:

Q4qxA29.pngRDYyXSz.jpg

The pants were custom-dyed and sewn from scratch by me; the vest was made by deconstructing a shirt with a similar plaid, then sewn from scratch by me; the hat was made for me by a friend; and the coat was a lucky thrift store find. And, of course, the moustache is real! I grew it out from June to October just for the costume.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back