anybody working on, Trek 2009 Kelvin Comm, accurate phaser, medical scanner, & other?

prototype7

Just curious... Figued people were going to be on top of the best props from this movie. Wanted to find out how many things were "in the works" So whats up?

Re: anybody working on, Trek 2009 Kelvin Comm, accurate phaser, medical scanner, & ot

Toying with the idea for the Kelvin comm, but yes I'm doing the med scanner.

Re: anybody working on, Trek 2009 Kelvin Comm, accurate phaser, medical scanner, & ot

The Kelvin comm is on my "to do" list. Unfortunately I have too many other projects going and not enough time to finish them.

-John

Haven't seen the movie(and so far I don't have plans to either).

What's it look like?

do you guys think an old toy comm could be modded or is it to?different?

So the prop budget for that film was like $200 wasn't it?
You would think they would made some sort of effort to out do the '60's TOS comm. It looks like they forgot to add all the details to it.

I was looking for some new projects but do people really want this thing? I've already seen ST2009 toys at 5 and Below(a discount store).

do you guys think an old toy comm could be modded or is it to?different?

The old toy is thicker at the bottom and thinner at the top. The Klavin Communicator looks more uniform in thickness...kinda like one of my custom comm bodies. Hmmm.

st_communicator-1.jpg

Picture bought and paid for.

The toy might work for my purposes, as what I have in mind is not even movie accurate at all. From the time I saw the Kelvin Comm with the lid up I had a different design in mind. Keeping with what they started, this is what I came up with. Just using different types of metal for all the accents, giving it a more "real" look. For me anyway. Any thoughts?

kelvincomm1.jpg

I have a Kelvin Phaser in the works...followed by a Kelvin Comm if all goes well :)

I too have these on my wishlist. Particulaly the medscanner as I am a sucker for all Trek tools medical and engineering related...ok so pretty much everything.

Definately have the Kelvin comm on my wish list. Although, if no one offers a copy then I guess I'll have to make my own.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back