New to RPF - Catwoman costume project

id find ski goggles - pop the lenses and take the strap off. Dye the strap - recast the frames and put the lenses back in.

Re: New to RPF

Just my two cents here......

For the boots you could probably get away with the Go-Go boots that are alllll over Ebay. They come in matte black which is probably what you'd want for this. The heel would be the wrong shape but the same basic height. But more importantly since the boots are made out of PVC you could easiily sew the detailing on them with most any machine and a teflon foot. The catsuit looks pretty basic. I can give you some info on patterns for that if you need them. The colour might be a little tricky to find. It looks like a metallic lyrcra or PVC. I can help you out with places to start sourcing that out as well if you need the info. The cowl would be the tricky part to get things to match. Those goggles.....sooooooo amazing looking....but like you say they'll be hard to source. Best of luck with this! I'm here if I can help you at all.

part of the amusement for me, in dressing up for cons is finding the little kids with the same character costume as you.

little kids in clone trooper costumes lose their minds when captain rex walks up to them. my favorite is when they snap to attention / salute :)

I'll be in my bunk.....:lol

Seriously, though, welcome aboard. The only suggestion that I can add to this discussion is that, if you plan to wear the costume the way it is in the picture (i.e. zipped really low), you'll want to use some double stick tape so you don't have any "wardrobe malfuntions".

with the zentai catsuits. they do custom jobs too , usualy no extra cost. you can tell them how and where you want the zips and they will do it no problem. you can also tell them about any any other features you need. they did it for me when i ordered a base suit for a mates ben riley spidey suit i made a while ago. it was a real quick job but they did everything i wanted and no extra cost.

Yep....they will put in shorter zippers. BUT....the zippers they use aren't right for this costume. You could always get someone (if you don't sew) to replace the zipper with a chunkier one. Just know that they sew those zippers in well and they are a pain in the butt to take out.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back