New to RPF - Catwoman costume project

Re: New to RPF

Welcome to the RPF Sunshine. Nice to see more women hanging out around here. I had already responded to Frosty's thread in OT forum about being from the same area, but it's nice to see that you're not too far away. I'm actually in Middletown, near Harrisburg. I don't trust my sewing skill enough to make that whole costume, but I'll see if I can find anything helpful. What are you doing for accessories? A friend of mine was planning to do a similar Catwoman outfit, but it's more accurate to the "Hush" comic storyline. I don't know if she's made any progress, but I'll find out if she has anything helpful. She's from Lancaster too.

She DEF has the 'assets' to pull it off. I have told her that when you start looking into these kinds of costumes - the ones that look like they are painted on - you have to be brave! Hitting the gym always helps. I know if I ever decide to do Spidey or Supes I will be in the Gym five days a week minimum.
I don't want to be like this guy:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/fat spiderman/ultraphobic71/Fat_Spiderman.jpg?o=1:eek
Hahahaha Wow... just... wow...
I think I fit in the costume a little better than that.
My spidey costume.
They were probably bought from the same place.

Haha, hop along up to Canada for next October then.
Central Canada Comic Con is calling for you~
I go every year. :]

part of the amusement for me, in dressing up for cons is finding the little kids with the same character costume as you.
Me and my mini Deadpool that tagged along with me for a while.
That was this year's costume.

Ah cool, lol. I've only been to Nova Scotia before, that is a beautiful part of the country. Hmmm..I'll be in the army by then, so I'll actually have money to my name rofl Maybe I should head up there sometime, maybe when it snows to get some pics in costume and chuck snowballs at people. I've yet to ever see snow in person..

Yea, I haven't met a little kid with a snowy yet :cry but, either my costume, my height/size or the combination scares alot of the kids away :(

This kid was soooooooooooooo scared of me at first, but he eventually calmed down. I felt bad. I don't think I'll ever see any little snowies running around anytime soon :lol

DSC_0057.jpg

Ah cool, lol. I've only been to Nova Scotia before, that is a beautiful part of the country. Hmmm..I'll be in the army by then, so I'll actually have money to my name rofl Maybe I should head up there sometime, maybe when it snows to get some pics in costume and chuck snowballs at people. I've yet to ever see snow in person..

Yea, I haven't met a little kid with a snowy yet :cry but, either my costume, my height/size or the combination scares alot of the kids away :(

This kid was soooooooooooooo scared of me at first, but he eventually calmed down. I felt bad. I don't think I'll ever see any little snowies running around anytime soon :lol

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/tubachris85x/FYO%20halloween%202009/DSC_0057.jpg
Central Canada Comic Con (C4) is in Winnipeg, Manitoba. :]
And I'm sure we'd love seeing a snowie, haven't had one yet.
Mostly just see normal Stormtroopers.

Aww that pic is super cute.
Yeah a few of the kids were cautious around the costumes. I think it's just weird for them because they can't see faces and they aren't really used to all the fancy costumes.

Central Canada Comic Con (C4) is in Winnipeg, Manitoba. :]
And I'm sure we'd love seeing a snowie, haven't had one yet.
Mostly just see normal Stormtroopers.

Aww that pic is super cute.
Yeah a few of the kids were cautious around the costumes. I think it's just weird for them because they can't see faces and they aren't really used to all the fancy costumes.

lol I might just start planning a little trip to canada then :cool

Yea, I just remembered that part though...I did take my helmet off at one point and he freaked out even more :unsure The worst part, is he's not the only kid to freak out when I did take my helmet off. You'd think it'd be the other way around...

I'm not that ugly now :cry

Wow, this Thread is turning into Hot Ladies Night !

Is there a Drink minimum ? Do I have to pay a Cover if I bring a lady friend in a Sc-fi costume ?

so we're talking about this costume:
http://www.gaminglife.com.au/images/catwoman61.jpg

I have seen boots very similar to this on ebay from time to time - something close to this http://cgi.ebay.com/black-soft-genuine-leather-thigh-high-boots-slouchy-5-5_W0QQitemZ330382415200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Women_s_Shoes?hash=item4cec539560 could be modded with some add-ons

I saw boots that match it more on ebay. Trouble is that the heels are real skinny and I will need to practice walking in them. But yes that is the version I want. Not sure if I want it in the purple or black version. The goggles are going to be the toughest I think.

Re: New to RPF

Welcome to the RPF Sunshine. Nice to see more women hanging out around here. I had already responded to Frosty's thread in OT forum about being from the same area, but it's nice to see that you're not too far away. I'm actually in Middletown, near Harrisburg. I don't trust my sewing skill enough to make that whole costume, but I'll see if I can find anything helpful. What are you doing for accessories? A friend of mine was planning to do a similar Catwoman outfit, but it's more accurate to the "Hush" comic storyline. I don't know if she's made any progress, but I'll find out if she has anything helpful. She's from Lancaster too.

As close to the Mortal Kombal vs. DC Universe as possible. Not sure if I want the purple costume which is shown in the game or the black version which is shown in recent comics. I need the boots gloves with cat like nails on them the mask and goggles.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back