New to RPF - Catwoman costume project

I ordered my goggles today. Very excited to get them in the mail. I will take pictures as soon as I get them. I also put my first deposit down on my catwoman costume. One more payment and it's as good as mine!

When i did my Jim Balent catwoman i had to custom dye the lycra i used to get it the dark purple i wanted.
catwoman15.jpg

You should ask that company if they would allow you to send them fabric you sourced. Then you could find a much darker purple spandex to use. Both Spandex world and Stretch House do dark spandexs, matt ones that would look far better in a catsuit. (wish id known about them then, would have saved me hand dyeing the stuff i had!)

I should have my costume by next week. So excited. I will post some pictures once I receive it and have time to get someone to take my picture.

I have been following this thread for a while, my wife and I just finished her catwoman. Who did you get for the bodysuit and hood? Did you go black or purple?

Bonded Hawk

I got a company named Hereos in tights to do the bodysuit and hood. I actually found them from ebay. I also decided to stick with the black considering the color purple i wanted was hard to find. What color did you do your wifes costume??

She went with Heroes in Tights and was very pleased with them. The body suit has a high neck and the hood is well made. These were problems that we encountered while looking at other suits and hoods. It was money well spent.

What are you using for the goggles? For the goggles I used a heat gun and shaped a pair of sun glasses. Then I used PC-7 to form the points on the glasses. Sanded, painted, and added an elastic strap.

If you need a hand with ideas, or would like to see my wife's set-up just let me know.

Bonded Hawk

She went with Heroes in Tights and was very pleased with them. The body suit has a high neck and the hood is well made. These were problems that we encountered while looking at other suits and hoods. It was money well spent.

What are you using for the goggles? For the goggles I used a heat gun and shaped a pair of sun glasses. Then I used PC-7 to form the points on the glasses. Sanded, painted, and added an elastic strap.

If you need a hand with ideas, or would like to see my wife's set-up just let me know.

Bonded Hawk

I am pleased to hear that you got your wives through the same company. I was pretty impressed with the other costume they have made in the past. The price was reasonable and the gentleman that made my suit was super nice.

I ordered my goggles through someone off here. He sent them with different colored lenses. My fiance has to fix them up a bit because the goggles are a little rough around the edges and it hurts my face. He is going to line the iside part of the goggles with memory foam. So hopefully they will turn out okay. I would love to see your wives set up. Did she get boots yet?

My wife bought the boots first, then decided to do a catwoman costume around them. But of course now she wants me to try and alter them and add bigger buckles. Here is a couple of pics.

100_1038.jpg

100_1046.jpg

Bonded Hawk

DSC_0342.jpg

I found these boots off ebay. I got them first as well when I originally decided to do the catwoman in purple. I think they did a good job on your wifes costume. I hope mine looks as good. I should be getting it this week.

My wife bought the boots first, then decided to do a catwoman costume around them. But of course now she wants me to try and alter them and add bigger buckles. Here is a couple of pics.

Bonded Hawk

What size whip does your wife have? Mine is HUGE and it doesn't fit quite well on my custome belt/ whip holder.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back