VIDEO GAME item Replicas

00MrNotWrong00

Sr Member
I used to go to a lot of conventions and I'd see people in great video game based costumes all the time. Sometimes these costumers would make replicas of items from the games that were just beautiful.

They just put Phantasy Star on gameboy, and I don't have any cash for something like that right now but footage from the game is poring onto youtube so I've been watching as I spend time with the weight bench. It's got me thinking about how much I wanted to make a replica of "Spread Needles" and "Last Survivor" (the coolest looking sword ever:lol) and I was wondering if anyone was working on, or planing on working on Video Game related replicas right now.

I was also wondering if anyone has ever seen a replica of the short sword from "Shadow of the Colossus" ? I may have to make some time and build that one myself.

I did a keyblade a few years back and it turned out really nice but it was to brittle and I vacuum formed it in to thick a plastic. I think I really just need more practice with that expandable foam, then I'll give the keyblade another go, Maybe I'll put a nice piece of rigid down the middle so it could be used for home defense :lol

So if you have any pictures of replicas of items from video games that people have made or that you have made please share them with the rest of us :love. I'll post pictures of my keyblade when I find them, or if I can't find them I'll set up the camera later and take some new ones.

Looks like I don't have a picture of my keyblade finished :confused I guess I'll have to clean it up soon and take some pictures. Maybe I'll do a cleaner press next time I set up the vacuum press.

Anyway here is what I have.
3776139.jpeg

3792136.jpeg

3810771.jpeg

3827362.jpeg

One of the members here makes an amazing "Portal gun" that I'm crazy about, and I know I've seen other video game based replicas on here as well I just can't think of them at the moment.

If anyone knows of a website that just does video game items please post a link for the rest of us.

Volpin is the one who made the Portal gun, as well as incredible Big Daddy and Little Sister costumes.

For Shadow of the Colossus (or, heck, pretty much any popular game you can imagine), you can find some pretty good costumes on cosplay.com. This one in particular fabricated a good version of the ancients' sword, though the photos aren't great: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1254797/

As for me, someday I'd like to make:
-a Myst book
-a Wind Waker
-a Majora's Mask

Volpin is the one who made the Portal gun, as well as incredible Big Daddy and Little Sister costumes.

For Shadow of the Colossus (or, heck, pretty much any popular game you can imagine), you can find some pretty good costumes on cosplay.com. This one in particular fabricated a good version of the ancients' sword, though the photos aren't great: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1254797/

As for me, someday I'd like to make:
-a Myst book
-a Wind Waker
-a Majora's Mask

Nice costume (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thank you for the link.

I never played Kingdom Hearts but that KeyBlade looks great.

Oh thank you, I've never played the game ether :lol But I used to go to a lot of conventions and I'd see people in the costume all the time. Also I've seen so many people make keyblades and sell them on ebay that I wanted to get in on the action.

I'm not really happy with mine as it is, but I do like it more than any of the ones I've seen for sale. Maybe one day I'll get some time and cash and get a few of these into the hands of a few lucky fans ( And some phat cash in ma pocket :lol ).

I think the Keyblade is the most recognizable and popular item from a video game there is :confused . But I'm always looking to hear about others.

I haven't played kingdom Hearts either, even though it does look like the type of game I'd enjoy.

I've been following the MGS thread. A Solid Snake would be a nice costume to eventually make.

I've seen people do a few Assassin's Creed. I think Ramiel did one.

And here's one person's opinion of Kingdom Hearts II vs Resident Evil 4 :) (NSFW - language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IchUU5soSFo (voice over with screenshots/videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsDUSxK5Fs (original standup)

Oh I totally forgot about this one. Before I was a member here I used to search through old threads looking for inspiration. One of my favorite threads was of G17RDY's "Hammerburst" from Gears of War.

You can see it here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=50351&highlight=hammerburst and it is still one of my favorite items I've seen made here on the forum.

I've never played Gears of War but from the pictures I've seen on the net that thing turned out awesome, it looks like the pictures of his build are gone now but they were really cool.

I think the Keyblade is the most recognizable and popular item from a video game there is :confused . But I'm always looking to hear about others.

Except maybe Link's Master Sword and Hylian Shield from the Legend of Zelda games.

My husband usually sits on the couch and looks over my should while I check the forums. Right now, he's looking over and saying, "Oh my god, is that a Keyblade?" Thanks. Now I think that's been added to the list of stuff he wants me to make or buy for him. :lol

Over at Yourprops.com, if I recall correctly, I've seen some prop replicas of items from the "Resident Evil" games, such as an ammo box and health spray from the "Resident Evil 3" video game.

Oh I totally forgot about this one. Before I was a member here I used to search through old threads looking for inspiration. One of my favorite threads was of G17RDY's "Hammerburst" from Gears of War.

You can see it here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=50351&highlight=hammerburst and it is still one of my favorite items I've seen made here on the forum.

I've never played Gears of War but from the pictures I've seen on the net that thing turned out awesome, it looks like the pictures of his build are gone now but they were really cool.

Well thank you for the great comments.

The build details are all on my website, which is really out of date!!!

The keyblade looks fantastic BTW!!!!

Anyway, never miss an opportunity to whip it out and show it off, so here's a pic!!!
Also built a Locust knife to go along with it!!!

All the best, great thread!!!

HammerburstFINISHED2.jpg

HammerburstFINISHED.jpg

locust_knife13.jpg

Except maybe Link's Master Sword and Hylian Shield from the Legend of Zelda games.

My husband usually sits on the couch and looks over my should while I check the forums. Right now, he's looking over and saying, "Oh my god, is that a Keyblade?" Thanks. Now I think that's been added to the list of stuff he wants me to make or buy for him. :lol

I like hearing that people like my items, there is nothing worse than making something you think is really cool and then not find anyone to appreciate it. I did this one in 8th inch ABS and it just didn't grab all the detail and after being formed the ABS gets very brittle. I'm very interested in that two part expandable foam stuff you get in paint cans, you see them use it on mythbusters all the time. If I could get a hold of some of that stuff and get some experience with it, I'd love to do a run of these in a thinner plastic with a nice piece of rigid down the middle, but I don't know when that's going to happen.

It would be really cool if someone here would do a nice tutorial on that stuff, maybe do one on how to fill something with out blowing it up or blowing all the detail out. Those guys over at cushman paintball do a lot of work with that stuff but they don't seem to want to be friendly and share their techniques.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back