VIDEO GAME item Replicas

It's always amazing how the most impractical looking things designed to make a videogame look cool, seem to be so readily replicated in the real world.

magical_sword_by_natfoe-d3cfnea.jpg

Earlier in this thread I mentioned some Zelda items I wanted so after a while I decided to try out making some of my own. And since this was the thread that gave me the idea I decided to post them here instead of starting a new one. So

Rupees_by_Natfoe.jpg

Kokiri_Sword_by_Natfoe.jpg

Bottle_Fairy_by_Natfoe.jpg

Gale_Boomerang_by_Natfoe.jpg

Spiritual_Stones_by_Natfoe.jpg

LoZ_Sword_by_Natfoe.jpg

White_Sword_by_Natfoe.jpg
Nice Zelda props. I especially like those old school 8-bit looking swords from the original Legend Of Zelda. Awesome work dude.

Sorry I dont have pics but I did get the Vorpal blade from the Amercian McGees Alice game.I dont how big the market is but I wish we would get more prop's from video games.

Here are some VG-Replicas I've made

Halo ODST "Dutch" helmet
405thIceagonakilya-1.gif

Child-size Halo Mark VI Chest

Halo Wars Mark IV Helmet

Halo ODST "Dutch" 15 day Build for Halo-Ween

Halo ODST "Dare" 15 day Build for Halo-Ween

Anyone make metal Mario coins yet? I'd also like the outfits Chris Redfield wears in RE Directors cut in real life. Most games i played were racing games, Resident Evil games, and Star Wars games.

Most R.E. games have mostly real props, racing games have real cars, and we all know star wars props are already made so yea, not many things i need from one of my fav video games for the props i wanna see in real life

I am currently making a Keyblade myself, here are a few pics to get started, I'll post more as I get more done.
I drew myself a pattern from looking at photos online and cut the handle out of some nice plywood I had laying around.
View attachment 53599
After sanding and getting all the edges straight and such, I coated the handles in resin , then using primer, a little spot putty, and lots of sanding, got them nice and smooth.
View attachment 53600
Here is a mockup i did, the final shaft will be longer than this and will not have the extra joint. In this I had cut the crown end out of sintra, but I am not sure it's gonna work right.
View attachment 53601

Here is some of my fallout props that I have made. Most of these are built by scavenged items and pretty much trash.My outcast armor cost me around 90 dollars. I have more than what are in the pics, I just haven't taken a group picture of them yet.
Picture204.jpg

img1305480853258.jpg

57965_1367089227182_1530238428_30764160_4125186_n.jpg

Here's my Frostmourne sword from World of Warcraft, one of the 6500 that were made during production, which is almost over there's like 50 or so still left for sale. This one in particular is from the last batch of 1500 that were produced last year. Definitely one of my favorite swords in my collection and probably the heaviest weighing in at 15lbs. Now all I need is set of Lich King armor lol.

I did the main character from the game Red Steel 2, the Kusagari. Its a fun underrated Wii game.

red_steel_2_11.jpg
65278_650227861431_44013832_36046743_7440849_n.jpg
redsteel201lg.jpg

RS2-2.jpg

2678597.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work on the coat, what material is the silverwork on the back?

I believe it was a slightly stretchy silver polyester faux snakeskin print fabric mounted on the back of a fusible backing to make it more rigid. It's found in JoAnn fabrics here in the US. The coat was also made from this really cool micro suede that looks like worn leather.

Im currently working on a Replica from The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask! Got it all carved from real wood and horns moulded from acrylic resin =]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back