Iron Man Mechanical Boot - Research

Hello everybody,

I am currently researching another Iron Man project: Tony's Repulsor Boot.

08.jpg

I am especially looking for the large object on the backside of the boot and all the little piston connectors. I am pretty sure, the large thingy is a found object. I browsed the net for animatronic piston connectors, but so far I had no luck.

I found some comic con 07 pictures of the original boot, but if anybody has additional photos of the prop, I'd appreciate those.

Cheers,

Thomas

Based on the second photo, I would say it is a rear brake master cylinder off of a motorcycle that uses a remote reservoir. The nut, at the bottom, with the loom coming out of it is the brake light switch. Maybe off of a sport bike.

I looked around but cound not find any the had angled ports. I also found some proportioning valves that are similar but still no angled ports.

If this ever get's made and kits are available, I think an interest list would do well. HINT HINT. ;)

Brad

The other thing it looks like and by the size, it looks like a dual air-water sytem that used in arthroscopic surgery, from the older series ( now a days the system dont need 2 seperate vaulves).......
but like u guys said it most likly is from a bike or car.

From when I was checking it out at comic con and in the pics it looks like there is a boot or molded piece for the foot to slide in, proboly rubber cast over the stars actual leg, with tubes and details cast in it, then painted silver with the cage and rest of the piece built over that, might be a good place to start

man, I thought it was cool having the arc reactor sitting on my display table...imagine having that boot too!...:love

Oh my god! What a nightmare! I'd love to get involved but I seriously think my head would explode if I attempted this!

For all of the little pistons look at RC servo linkages

EK1-0548.jpg

SteeringServoHornLinkLength.jpg

If I head out to the junkyard this week I am going to pop some hoods and look for that "valve". I know I have seen that somewhere.

Also looks like they used a bunch of RCA and CO-AX connectors.
The big hydraulic cylinders look like two 12g Co2 cartridges cut and welded end to end with a rod running thru them

Very cool guys!

I talked to a frienf who works at a Honda garage and he also said it looks like a master brake cylinder. He'll drop by today with a few samples :D

Thomas

So far I had no luck searching for the main brake cylinder. I used the google picture search but could not find the piece in question. The Honda guy was also wrong.

Of course, I could scratch the part, but getting the original piece would make it much easier to work from there, as it could be used for measurements of the whole boot.

I was ist denn't even able to find similar small pistons...

Getting a little frustrated here...

I have been looking around and I was thinking the small piston looking bits were some kind of AV jack, but could not find the same look(Found some similar).
TK said it looked like an air water splitter. So I started looking up pneumatic fittings and manifolds. Same results, close but no cigar.
The two piston bits sticking out of the large part look kind of like air chucks but based on the first picture they are to small to be a 1/4 chuck. I looked up air chucks and found some small ones but still similar, not the same.

Focusing on the brass looking sleeves on the side fittings. They definitely look like tiny quick connectors but the center pin is throwing me off.

I agree the "inner boot" looks like a foam rubber with wires molded directly onto it, would be great if we could see it stripped down

I whipped this up(Dodging work :) ) for the large pistons. Scale is off but I used what I had laying around. Smaller cylinders would be right, I think.

cylinder.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back