My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP, FINISHED! pics on post 159

Re: My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP

Hell yeah man, you've demonstrated perfectly how constructive critiques can improve a project. TooMuchGarlic was right, and the improvements you made are dead on! You are one talented mofo!
Oh and not to sound like a perv...but good work on the boobs. I probably would have given her DDs but yeah, screen accuracy right? :lol

Third time's a charm, maybe? Made some more changes, slanted the eyes, fuller lips, less bony cheeks, more forehead,inhanced eyebrows, widened head at ears so they weren't so sunk in.
DSC03415.jpg

DSC03416.jpg

Re: My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP, new head page 4

Outstanding work!! I love this sculpt! I was hoping that someone would do her justice and you've done it. I can't wait!!!

Alex

Leg mold complete. Looking forward now to reassembling the original and getting it finished out. Still have some detailing to do on the rock base before molding.

everytime i look in on this post, im constantly amazed!!! totally amazing work,
all the best
colin

Leg mold complete. Looking forward now to reassembling the original and getting it finished out. Still have some detailing to do on the rock base before molding.

Great news, can't wait to see more and more! Be sure to take pictures, and share any updates!

Paint preview!
I can't help myself. I shouldn't post anything til I have it complete but I gotta show you guys a paint prewiew. I've got the master copy back togehter, and I've started painting. In this pic I have the hair losely placed on the head with a rubberband. I still have alot of work but it's so nice to see some color on it. I still need to complete all the accessories, for a character who wears next to nothing there sure are alot of little details. I want to also include her flying goggles. About the color choice, she has many looks. In full datlight she is a very pail blue, and you can't see her stripes clearly, and no bioluminesense. I chose to make her a little more nighttime colors, whatcha think?
DSC03980.jpg

More previews.
DSC03991.jpg

DSC03995.jpg

Still have to work on all the little details; lion cloth, braid belt with knife sheath, arm bands, attach the tail, tail braid, attach hair, riding goggles, choker, herb pouch.....jeez.
Oh and I still want to add detail to the rock base and paint.

Re: My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP, paint preview pg 7

more pics to come soon. got the choker done, herb pouch, lion cloth. It's really coming together.

Thanks. I started glueing the hair on last night with silicone. looks awesome!

Looking fantastic. I too, can't wait to see it finished. :thumbsup

Especially getting that tail put on. Right now, it looks like
she is taking a thumper dumper. LOL. It's kinda disturbing. :confused

OK guys, It's been a long time coming but she's finally finished! I would estimated about 150 hours went into this project from the sculpting, resculpting, molding ,producing, and finally art finishing. I'm very happy with how it came out, and I want to thanks you guys for the encouragement and critiques along the way. I do have some better ideas about the rock base, more to come on that. Here are some pics.
DSC04004.jpg

DSC04015.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04018.jpg

DSC04022.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back