My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP, FINISHED! pics on post 159

Re: My (Cameron's) Avatar sculpture WIP

More pic update. My wife pointed out to me that she only has four toes. Crap. So I need to look through my reference to se if it's true.
DSC03282.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

More pic update. My wife pointed out to me that she only has four toes. Crap. So I need to look through my reference to se if it's true.
DSC03282.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

Looking great!

Yeah, all the Na'vi have four toes and fingers. The human "avatar Na'vi" have five toes and fingers.

The avatars also have smaller, almond-shaped eyes and eyebrows. Na'vi eyes are large and round, and no eyebrows.

Just finished grinding down the toes, I am bummed about that cause I thought they were pretty good. Anyway ready to rework the feet.

there is also a bigger gap between the big toe and the other 3. quite clear on shots of neytiri

This is looking fantastic !!! Looking forward to seeing the finished item ! Well done :thumbsup

updates coming soon. I sculpted the other arm and tail. Will work on the hand and feet detail next. Trying to decide weather to sculpt her costume and accesories as part of the sculpt, or add them later.

Seeing how you're detailing body bit by bit, I guess you decided to add the details later.
If you still trying to figure out what to do, I'd go that path, make the body "clean" then add all the "decoration" costume and accesories!

Exceptional work so far, looks so good. I would love to have this statue in my collection!

Can't wait to see it finished.

Looks like its coming along well. Keep it up. I'm working on a full size waist up bust of her. She isn't 10 feet she is 5'10"

Seeing how you're detailing body bit by bit, I guess you decided to add the details later.
If you still trying to figure out what to do, I'd go that path, make the body "clean" then add all the "decoration" costume and accesories!

Exceptional work so far, looks so good. I would love to have this statue in my collection!

Can't wait to see it finished.

I have started to and some detail in apoxie sculpt, like her chaps , but I'll probably do her other accessories as add ons, like her necklace and loin cloth. I found a place to get real hair micro braids.

I have started to and some detail in apoxie sculpt, like her chaps , but I'll probably do her other accessories as add ons, like her necklace and loin cloth. I found a place to get real hair micro braids.

Sounds awesome.
Yeah, I would always prefer accessories as add ons, gives it more life and is simply more "accurate" ;)

Chaps would be fairly hard to add anyways.

Do you plan to maybe make a run?! Or is this for personal pleasure :p

Very beautiful. You choose a nice object.
I haven't seen this movie yet but I got to see it.

More pic update. Working on the chaps, don't have a real clear reference so...
Trying to imagine what they are made from or what they are. Could it be they are some kind of leaf or animal skin wrapped around her legs? And what is the pattern or how is it put together at the thigh? My thought is that they are pieces of a wing off a Banshee or something, cause the thigh pattern resembles that of the lead wing flaps. Any help with this?
DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back