My Begins/TDK/TDKR props & replicas

is there anywhere one can find the joker blade replica?

The actual OTF knife is extremely hard to find now, largely because of laws surrounding this kind of knife. There are a lot of cheap replicas on ebay that are folding but of course they aren't completely accurate like that.

Does anyone know where I could obtain a Grapnel gun from? I would love to have one (that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars) and haven't seen any for sale in a while (apart from the cheap 1/3 scale ones).

Thanks my good man! It did slim down a bit over the years, hopefully for the better. But your own collection clearly is in a league of its own, can't argue with that!

Hey Mr K, can you pm me as I can't seem to be able to do it. I'm looking to see if your still available to share the file of the grapple gun blueprint to help me complete my armoury display. Thanks!

Re: My TDK/Begins props & replicas

I thought you might like to see the real one. I machined the delrin on this, hence why I have the photo's but it was my friend Conway Witcliff who built it. I'm not sure if it was ever found but the last I herd this prop was lost form storage so it will never be seen again. conways mangler.jpg

I just thought you might like to see what the real bullets looked like. the gun used CO2 to shoot them so we started out with 60 odd and ended up with about 6 the rest we never found :)bullet bat gun 1 copy.jpgbat gun copy.jpg

wile I was finding these photos I remembered this I made. I doit anybody knows anything about it . In batman begins Rachel shoots batman and the scare crow with a taser gun. this is the prototype. I made it to shoot with CO2 but I was having problems getting it to shoot both needles at exactly the same time. So I redesigned the internal trigger and remachined it from scratch. the final one was anodised black http://youtu.be/3clsV6p5t8Y.tazer 3.jpgtazer 2.jpgtazer 1.jpg

Wow, those are fantastic, thanks!

I wish someone would try to replicate those grapple hook darts in metal. I'd definitely be up for a set.

Ha Id love to give out the CAD files :)
but I'm not quite sure where I stand as I've signed a contract and could be taken to the cleaners by Warner Brothers. Its a tricky thing I have a record of everything I design now because we buy our own computers and programs being that we are all freelance in the film industry but we are still not aloud to give that away. Its a shame because in the old days the drafts men could keep there drawing once they had been copied for production. Infact I was given a drawing of a snow speeder but Alan Tomkins when we worked together (a copy)
but now studios are getting very possessive they've even started putting chips in props so they can be traced ( thats not a joke ) As I have no plans to retire just yet I'm not going to risk giving away CAD files put I don't mind bending the rules by posting images once a film has been out for a wile. its a shame because I've got tom cruses suit from all you need is kill and I know people here would kill for that :)

Ha Id love to give out the CAD files :)
but I'm not quite sure where I stand as I've signed a contract and could be taken to the cleaners by Warner Brothers. Its a tricky thing I have a record of everything I design now because we buy our own computers and programs being that we are all freelance in the film industry but we are still not aloud to give that away. Its a shame because in the old days the drafts men could keep there drawing once they had been copied for production. Infact I was given a drawing of a snow speeder but Alan Tomkins when we worked together (a copy)
but now studios are getting very possessive they've even started putting chips in props so they can be traced ( thats not a joke ) As I have no plans to retire just yet I'm not going to risk giving away CAD files put I don't mind bending the rules by posting images once a film has been out for a wile. its a shame because I've got tom cruses suit from all you need is kill and I know people here would kill for that :)

Agree on all points. Fans are more tech savvy then ever and the studios are always trying to stay a bit ahead.

Hope the point wasn't missed...that's impressive :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back