My Begins/TDK/TDKR props & replicas

Re: My TDK/Begins props & replicas

You mean the JV police badge ? Cuz it's already a replica (and a damn fine one since it was tooled from screen used) :thumbsup

Thats an amazing collection of TDK/Begins props! I haven't seen many collections that large of Batman props.

Thanks mate !

To be honest it's more of a "Nolan Batman movies" collection rather than a Batman only kind of thing. I collect pretty much everything related to both movies, whether it is screen used, replica or identical to the screen used props.

To some people it might look silly to collect items that do not have much to do with the plot or the characters themselves, but I can't explain how thrilling it is for me to study, hunt down and finally get my hands on items that can be seen in the movie, even if it's only a couple of seconds.

Many of the props I have are common items you can find everyday but I like how when they're displayed together with more iconic props they immediately throw you back in the movie by setting the whole mood of the display area.

The Joker's switchblade for example. It's quite famous, but displayed alone it's not very interesting. I mean it's just a knife.
Throw in a pair of handcuffs, a turnbull&asser tie, purple gloves, a bunch of cards, some jokerized dollars and have everything lying on a copy of the Gotham Times and you immediately feel like "Mmmh... The Joker's been there."

I love that.

Last edited:

Throw in a pair of handcuffs, a turnbull&asser tie, purple gloves, a bunch of cards, some jokerized dollars and have everything lying on a copy of the Gotham Times and you immediately feel like "Mmmh... The Joker's been there."

You forgot the pencil...:)

Nice collection Jedi. I hope to post mine soon as well. as soon as i finish buying my house and setting my nolan style cave up as well. It will be veryyyy impressive. Excelent job on yours. I commend you for a fine collection.

You forgot the pencil...:)

Haha you're right. In fact i'm still on the hunt for the right type of pencil. Natural wood with chrome eraser holder and white eraser tip. I guess it's not that difficult to find but... Someday.

Nice collection Jedi. I hope to post mine soon as well. as soon as i finish buying my house and setting my nolan style cave up as well. It will be veryyyy impressive. Excelent job on yours. I commend you for a fine collection.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got :thumbsup
About the cave, the one shown in Begins is okay but it looks too "unfinished" and empty for my taste. The TDK batcave at the contrary is way too technological and clean. I guess once Wayne Manor will be rebuilt and the foundations of the south east wing improved, we'll see the TRUE batcave with the TRUE Batmobile. I can't wait to see how they pull this off :love

I use the bergsbo case for my props, I love it, everything I have fits in them, except the begins batsuit of course. I may have to modify the doors though, because some of the props are too tall and would go between 2 of the glass squares, but it is deep and wide enough where they all fit.

Thanks for the input, I like the Bergsbo cabinet as well. It has a lot of shelves, doors and it's quite big. "I'll look into it" :ninja

Thx :thumbsup

Today's eBay haul :

One more SDCC Joker dollar and one more GCPD badge. Which brings my total to 4 of each. Yay :love

Where did the RG joker mask and turnbull and asser tie come from?

Turnbull and Asser are a tie making company, http://www.turnbullandasser.com/
they created the original for the film. They released a couple of short runs of the tie.

RG stands for Rubber Gorilla http://www.rubbergorilla.co.uk/
The mask was never in their catalogue and I think it was a very short run. I'd wager because they normally do generics and were scared of the heat from WB.

They both can be obtained second hand, but the mask is quite rare and the tie rather expensive.

Indy Magnoli makes great replicas of the tie. In fact the T&A tie I have was used as a reference to make his replicas (I bought it from Nickytea who lent it to Indy).

Yeah, the plan was to go with Indy's tie, but those pics of the T&A were appealing. No matter, I'm a fan of Indy's work. Mask is a shame though, RG is the best one I've seen.

Yes the RG sculpt is definitely a huge improvement over the THS mask. The only downer is the material used : Latex.
Even though it's pretty thick it won't keep its shape unless you stuff it with plastic bags or put it on a mannequin head. But to me the real issue is the smell. I'm not easily disturbed by odors, but man does it stink! That's not too far from what i'd imagine Chewbacca's arm pits would smell like after running around the DeathStar 15 times :sick

I may be mistaken about this, but I remember seeing a production photo of Heath or one of the other robbers holding their mask and it being really bent, as if made of a very thick rubber.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back