My Begins/TDK/TDKR props & replicas

Re: My TDK/Begins props & replicas

Thanks everyone for the kind words ! :thumbsup

So !

@rberesh : My PTK coin came from here, made by member PTK :) I don't think is making them anymore, but they pop up from time to time in the JY.

@neosporing : The Noble "mini" mine is indeed quite large. It's easily the size of a tennis ball, as opposed to the smaller golf ball sized ones. Nice pictures BTW !

@Mr_Finch : The Joker mask stand is your common paper towel dispenser thingy. It's made of aluminum, and can be found in almost every household equipment store.

@geto10 : Thanks ;) I like the mask a lot too, and i'll soon be receiving a more accurate latex version made by a very talented sculptor.

And again, if one of you guys can point me in the right direction to get my hands on any of the props pictured above, PLEASE let me know :cool

I also have one of the PTK two-face coins, and am thinking of making a "police evidence bag" for it. As a collector with one of the most comprehensive collections I've seen here, any suggestions on the label?

I also have one of the PTK two-face coins, and am thinking of making a "police evidence bag" for it. As a collector with one of the most comprehensive collections I've seen here, any suggestions on the label?

Well you could go with the same label seen on the Batman Begins evidence Joker card :

Use photoshop to add your own evidence description, print the label on sticker paper, apply it onto a bag of the right size and voilà !

Then there's the easy way : Get a Mattel evidence bag (they come with every figure from the Movie Masters 6" line) and place your coin inside.
It might look less authentic, but you don't have to make them yourself and they look nice on display nonetheless.

Oh and be sure to get the PDF file for the evidence sticker, to get the best resolution when printing it ;)

I took a couple of shots of my PTK coin in each of the bags to give you an idea :

Custom bag

Mattel bag

Hope this helps :thumbsup

Last edited:

Wow :eek J3D1..what an incredible collection. Very nice! Do you have an special way to display theme? Would be nice to see it as well. Anyhow, the stuff reminds me to watch the movies again.....:thumbsup

@TheMalum :

Well you could go with the same label seen on the Batman Begins evidence Joker card :

Use photoshop to add your own evidence description, print the label on sticker paper, apply it onto a bag of the right size and voilà !

Then there's the easy way : Get a Mattel evidence bag (they come with every figure from the Movie Masters 6" line) and place your coin inside.
It might look less authentic, but you don't have to make them yourself and they look nice on display nonetheless.

Oh and be sure to get the PDF file for the evidence sticker, to get the best resolution when printing it ;)

I took a couple of shots of my PTK coin in each of the bags to give you an idea :

Custom bag

Mattel bag

Hope this helps :thumbsup

@MurdocXXL : Thanks mate :)

Wow :eek J3D1..what an incredible collection. Very nice! Do you have an special way to display theme? Would be nice to see it as well. Anyhow, the stuff reminds me to watch the movies again.....:thumbsup

Thanks guys I know I went a little crazy on the Batman collecting lately... :confused But it's so addictive... Such great movies. I wish I could give Nolan a handshake and say thanks !
If the third act is half as good as TDK, then i'll be a happy fella for many years to come.

For those of you who wonder why I don't post pictures of the whole display area well simply because there's no such thing.

All my 1:1 scale props and replicas are "archived" in plastic bags, stackable clear boxes and containers. Everything is piled up in the corner of my bedroom, covered with a large star spangled banner to prevent dust from getting there.

It was supposed to be a temporary storage solution, but it turns out i'm more comfortable keeping my stuff this way at the moment. Every prop is safe from sunlight, moist, dust and tampering and there's a reserved spot for each item. I just buy more containers as I go along.

Obviously i'm kind of sad because I can't enjoy looking at my stuff whenever I want. So in the near future I will look into buying glass cabinets to display everything properly in a character-themed layout.

Right now I just buy'n'store basically. I'm enjoying the thrill of the hunt, and later on i'll be enjoying sitting in my room, having a cold beer and watching my prop collection with Zimmer's score in the background :cool

I would also like to shout a big Thank You to the RPF and to you guys, because without all the help I got on these boards my collection would be far from what it is.

I still have plenty of stuff due to arrive in the mail soon so keep your eyes peeled for that ! :)

That is awesome! The pic reference is very helpful! Many thanks!

I can see I'll be going the evidence label route. The other one is easier, sure, but the labeled bag looks great!

Hi, thanks for the help about the PTK coin. I know that the Noble collection sells one in a frame. I wondered if anyone had a chance to look at that one. I've heard some good and not so good things about Noble products though

spectacular collection:eek:eek

you are lucky, very nice:thumbsup

Thanks mate :thumbsup

Hi, thanks for the help about the PTK coin. I know that the Noble collection sells one in a frame. I wondered if anyone had a chance to look at that one. I've heard some good and not so good things about Noble products though

Forget about the Noble coins they are crappy. I got a set a couple weeks ago... And I sent it back. They're missing the 1922 date writing, they are both stamped COPY on one side and the "damaged" version is not damaged at all (simply painted a dark grey color). The window box might look nice but the holes on the lid aren't even properly aligned with the coins! Steer clear of this one.

On the other hand, the mini mine, grapple gun and batarang are worth buying ;)

wow..ok..thanks for that info on the coin. I didn't know about the "copy" word printed on the coin or the 1922 being removed. Soooo glad you told me! I might look into those other items though now with your recommendation. THanks so much!!!

I got a package today :

Joker clown mask (RG)

Comparison : THS mask (urethane resin) / RG mask (thick latex)

Got these as well :

Hot Toys 1/6 Bank Robber Joker + Harvey Dent / Two Face

Last edited:

Hi again, so which do you prefer the ths or the rubber gorilla mask..which one looks to be be closer to the real thing? Hard to tell, both look great. I imagine the rubber gorilla one feels more like the original one would.

Hi again, so which do you prefer the ths or the rubber gorilla mask..which one looks to be be closer to the real thing? Hard to tell, both look great. I imagine the rubber gorilla one feels more like the original one would.

Actually it's a tough one. The THS mask is very much how I would imagine the real one would feel : sturdy and plastic looking.
But the shape is wrong and it has a subtle yet persistant yellow tint to it, which is not accurate (the original is grey/white).

The RG mask does a far better job in terms of proportions and coloring, and the sculpt is a big improvement. The main difference being the THS mask is made of white urethane and thus is not painted, whereas the RG mask is raw latex (i.e. beige) painted white.

The extreme flexibility of the latex makes it look less durable, but the thickness and the menacing sculpt (enhanced by the black wash on the scuffs) compensates this aspect.

Overall I like both for different reasons, but on display the RG mask wins hands down. Although the smell of the latex combined with the paint is REALLY disturbing :sick

Anyway, I have yet to see a PERFECT representation of this mask. Made out of white plastic with the right proportions (that's hard to tackle as it's all very subtle), the right amount of weathering and an accurate paintjob.

Maybe someday :thumbsup

Got this in the mail today :

An airsoft mask similiar to the ones used to create Ducard's gas mask in Batman Begins

Simply remove the goggles, add some kind of cylinder in the mouth opening and there you have a movie prop !

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back