Timeslips ring ship build (space park)

cylon75

I did the easy part and put the main body of the ship together last night. I will be starting the ring early next week with a couple of ideas i have came up with for trees.I also have to paint the inner floor before i start putting stuff in.

002-47.jpg

003-65.jpg

004-41.jpg

005-52.jpg

Inner floor Ring pics
006-29.jpg

008-39.jpg

009-47.jpg

Idea for trees
003-63.jpg

I have done the paint on the ring, the green areas are where the trees will be the blue are a few fountains i added and brown represent dirt and the rest is the concrete walk. I also have some building that I'm putting in to.

003-66.jpg

006-30.jpg

005-53.jpg

Well i sent about 3 hr planting trees last night and got the inside of the ring done now i have to glue it together latter today.Than paint i think I'm going to tape off the clear section paint it than do the rest by hand (time consuming).

035-5.jpg

040-1.jpg

041-2.jpg

001-43.jpg

002-50.jpg

003-67.jpg

004-58.jpg

Careful, you could put your eye out with that thing! :eek

Cool ship, I always liked it. Called "Intersun Liner" in some references.

Grabs from my files.
ringship14fore.jpg

ringship14aft.jpg

ringship14engineclose.jpg

Did some painting last night.I just hope i don't get any bleed though on the clear part,I did pay extra attention on taping it. Not very much color difference from primer to paint. I will finish the ring, both weathering and detail paint before i glue it to the ship -so far so good.

002-53.jpg

009-48.jpg

003-68.jpg

004-60.jpg

011-39.jpg

OK here's a shot of the ring painted and weathered with the windows structure with the coat of paint that i did by hand i will have to weather it and clean it up but it will work out nice .

016-1.jpg

018-3.jpg

OK the ring is almost done all i got left are the blue stripes .I also weathered the ship it self.And tomorrow i start detail painting. I'm happy so far with hows its come out ,the only thing that i would like to do is make the ring lighter inside, by the time you do all the painting it darkens the inside more than i hoped for.

029-5.jpg

031-7.jpg

032-5.jpg

012-8.jpg

013-3.jpg

014-8.jpg

015-22.jpg

Well,
That weathering really helps it pop and when you say that you worry about the 'density' inside- I'd also look at is as simply being "noticeable", which is good.
So it's shaping up and you're really bringing one of the more 'unique' ships of the fleet into shape!

Nice.

I got the ship painted and the ring shot with clear today all i have to do is shoot the ship with a coat of clear and put the ring on.I will have finished pics tomorrow morning.

007-48.jpg

008-40.jpg

That blue is quite striking in contrast against your weathering. I also noticed you even managed to "weather" the window framing- nice touch. This is gonna be a handsome lil ship when you put it together!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back