CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

I really like KT's work, and her books are imo some of the best work in the EU...however, I did get a little sick of how over the top it got with all the adoptions, etc. I mean, is this a warrior planet or a dog pound? Maybe it's just because I'm not a tight-knit family type of person, but it seemed a bit...wierd. Like my aunt who kept letting her daughter's boyfriends move in when they got in trouble with their own parents.

Tonights episode was okay, but seemed rushed at the end. Based on next weeks show I wish they had made it an 'hour long' special.

I did like the implied history between Kenobi and the Dutchess. Long lost one night stand maybe ?

Black bladed lightsaber was sweet.

I liked the episode, certainly seemed like it should have been longer though. I really enjoyed Jon Favreau voicing a character, pretty cool!

edit: And Greg Proops too!

The black blade was the ONLY thing good about that stink pile. Suddenly Jango was considered Death Watch not True Mando. The guy even said I am not sure how he got that armor. Implying he wasn't even Mando.

I really thought a black saber would be dumb, but they made it look like a metallic katana, as if a real energized blade...it really made it feel like an antique version of a lightsaber. It even had an awesome sound. Kudos. Nice attention to detail.

Mandalore wasn't what I expected...just another blah, middle of the road space city. Concordia was more like it.

One thing to note: every character was blonde (including Visla, who went from looking like a pro wrestler in the comic to looking like a blonde Ray Liota in last night's ep). But Jango is dark haired and complected. But EVERY Mandalorian was blonde. Thoughts?

Sounds like Vikings, or Norse, more properly. Blond men who go on a rampage, then come home to the farm and blonde wives. The women had lots of rights, and could divorce, or own their own land, while Christian women had little or none.

Sometimes they took slaves, and sometimes there were kids, and sometimes they took the kids into their families, or 'fostered' them.

But they really didn't want their daughters marrying one of those black [haired] guys.

One thing to note: every character was blonde (including Visla, who went from looking like a pro wrestler in the comic to looking like a blonde Ray Liota in last night's ep).

Different Vizsla. Or it at least it better be because the original one DIED prior to the Clone Wars.

Yeah, in Open Seasons, but I assumed that they basically were ignoring the EU while making nods to it. I can't imagine the OS Vizsla is "cannon," as if he's some kind of ancestor to Pre Vizsla.

Speaking of, I'm soooooooo glad they didn't use the stupid Death Watch helmets from the comic. Don't get me wrong: I rank Open Seasons as some of the most entertaining readind in the EU, but man those helmets looked silly.

Pre Viszla is probably Tor's son.
That would explain his hatred of Jango.

Clone Wars picks and chooses what it follows in the EU, Since they're using Death Watch I would guess the comic is fairly canon. I read somewhere that Dave Filoni said Lucas himself referred to the comic when developing the storyline. Same interview said that Pre is related to Tor.
I think it was in the new SW Insider.

Clone Wars picks and chooses what it follows in the EU, Since they're using Death Watch I would guess the comic is fairly canon. I read somewhere that Dave Filoni said Lucas himself referred to the comic when developing the storyline. Same interview said that Pre is related to Tor.I think it was in the new SW Insider.

That would be fine if it was outside the EU, but this episode was lame. There's no way to fix what they did to the EU Mandalorians without wiping CW from the continuity. Heck Jango is apparently not even Mandalorian now, just some bounty hunter who found some armor... If they came up with something better than Karen Traviss did with the Mandos I'd be all for it, but this was awful. IMO, this did more damage to SW than Jar Jar ever did.

That would be fine if it was outside the EU, but this episode was lame. There's no way to fix what they did to the EU Mandalorians without wiping CW from the continuity. Heck Jango is apparently not even Mandalorian now, just some bounty hunter who found some armor... If they came up with something better than Karen Traviss did with the Mandos I'd be all for it, but this was awful. IMO, this did more damage to SW than Jar Jar ever did.

When I saw the planet, I was like "Well, there goes another bit of the EU". It's weird because they borrowed from it with the Death Watch. They could have married the two together. Surprised they did not even make the attempt. Ah well, the books are still good.

They said something like "He's not a Mandolorian; he's a common bounty hunter." I took that to mean they were looking down their noses at him as a poor example of their race. As if the comment meant "he's not a REAL Mandolorian because he doesn't reflect Mando values." Not "he's literally not one of us." Or did I miss something?

They said something like "He's not a Mandolorian; he's a common bounty hunter." I took that to mean they were looking down their noses at him as a poor example of their race. As if the comment meant "he's not a REAL Mandolorian because he doesn't reflect Mando values." Not "he's literally not one of us." Or did I miss something?

Nope, this is how I took it too.

It seemed to me that he was Mandalorian but since the warriors died out then how could he have gotten armor? That was the question posed. To me it didn't imply that Jango wasn't Mandalorian. Clearly Death Watch had been around for a while so he probably had an underground source for it...

I took it as he's literally not one of them since he said that he didn't know where Jango got the armor from.

Yeah, but that armor was implied to have been obsolete, outlawed, banned, whatever. Hence, the secret manufacturing facility of illicit armor. It was foreshadowing. I mean, I see if people take it that Jango's not a literal Mando, but to me it just seems they take him as a rogue in illegal gear and have disowned him. "He's not a Mando, and I have no idea where he got that armor." Still makes sense to me, and is how I took it. But maybe Filoni will clear up the intent one day...

Last night's episode was really good. Anyone else recognize the girl who stole the lightsaber as being a nod to some of Ian Mccaig's concept work with EP I?

The episode is also a nod to the Akira Kurosawa's film 'Stray Dog' about a rookie cop who loses his gun.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back