CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

I liked the foreshadowing with the Clonetroopers attacking Barriss and Ahsoka. Also I think Anakin's problem with attachments will also keep him from harming Ahsoka intentionally. My guess is she will either take off after seeing the bad stuff Anakin does.

I'm still wondering when these new pacfist Mandalorians are going to show up. :wackoThat's one of the only things I think Lucas has really screwed up, if true. Karen Traviss was so PO'd she won't finish the Republic Commando novels, and now she isn't even doing the second Imperial Commando book because of it. Jango sure did seem like a really big pacifist huh?

Fun episode. Did anyone else catch there was like 4 beats of Imperial March-like music when Anakin went in to beat the truth out of bug boy? Very cool. I'm loving this show.

I liked the foreshadowing with the Clonetroopers attacking Barriss and Ahsoka. Also I think Anakin's problem with attachments will also keep him from harming Ahsoka intentionally. My guess is she will either take off after seeing the bad stuff Anakin does.

I'm still wondering when these new pacfist Mandalorians are going to show up. :wackoThat's one of the only things I think Lucas has really screwed up, if true. Karen Traviss was so PO'd she won't finish the Republic Commando novels, and now she isn't even doing the second Imperial Commando book because of it. Jango sure did seem like a really big pacifist huh?

Hold it, what? Pacifist mandos?

Hold it, what? Pacifist mandos?

Yeah... apparently coming up. Lucas decided that Mandalore is a barren wasteland and the Mandos are pacifists... So Karen Traviss, who writes the Republic Commando novels (and very Mando-centric Legacy novels) is not going to do any more SW novels. It was leaked in a Clone Wars book that came out.

Yeah... apparently coming up. Lucas decided that Mandalore is a barren wasteland and the Mandos are pacifists... So Karen Traviss, who writes the Republic Commando novels (and very Mando-centric Legacy novels) is not going to do any more SW novels. It was leaked in a Clone Wars book that came out.

That makes about as much sense as Leia remembering her dead mother.

Yeah, apparently the bulk of Mandolorians are tree hugging pacifists, the guys in the armor are called "True Mandolorians" and are the exception, not the rule, according to what I've heard.

It doesn't sound all too good but I've rearely been let down by this show so I'll give it a chance. When I first saw the commercial for the episode I thought the troopers with the flamethrowers in the episode a few weeks back were the Mandalorians. Made sense since Boba and Jango had one. I was disappointed tho.

Well, the EU is not set in stone, and they can change it if they want to, but I'm pretty into Traviss's writing, and think her novels are some of the best of the EU, so that's a shame. It'll raise holy hell with some of the EU fans. Not a smart move for the show, in my opinion. BUt then again, I thought Anakin having an apprentice was dumb too, and now I totally embrace the idea, so who's to say?

She basically said the same that they knew going in that anything could be changed, but it seems like something that didn't need to be changed. Heck they could have made these pacifists live on a moon of Mandalore so it didn't contradict anything.

I'm having enough of a hard time explaining who are the 'good guys' and why.

i'm holding out hope that ashoka makes it into adulthood and our kids are spared the trauma of her death.

Can anyone tell me if she is wearing a headress or if the top of her head is actually some kind of head tentacle?

She has the three white and blue tentacles, and draped over that is a thin beaded necklace type decoration. Not sure which you mean. She's the same species as Shaak Ti, if you wanna wookieepedia it...Togruta is the species, maybe?

Actually if they would sit down and read the essential books, it outlines exactly what happened. And nothing gets contridicted YET.

After having their butts kicked in the Civil Wars of the KOTOR era, the mando's took to a more pacifistic life, but only as far as not trying to rebuild a massive empire, being mercs or bounty hunters though is still a good way to make money ya know. Eventually a splinter group the Death Watch that wants Mandolore to rule the galaxy big fighting.

Pacifist has to be taken with a grain of salt, GL is the same guy that calls everyone in the service either General or Admiral.

She has the three white and blue tentacles, and draped over that is a thin beaded necklace type decoration. Not sure which you mean. She's the same species as Shaak Ti, if you wanna wookieepedia it...Togruta is the species, maybe?

i've read the entries in wookieepedia on shaak ti and their planet and ahsoka... while it certainly looks like tentacles, I cannot find anything that specifically says, they are tentacles.

I guess i'm hoping for some scene in the live action series where we see a grown-up ahsoka put her feet up on a table, and take off her head-dress revealing long flowing locks of hair... (one can hope right?)

i've read the entries in wookieepedia on shaak ti and their planet and ahsoka... while it certainly looks like tentacles, I cannot find anything that specifically says, they are tentacles.

I guess i'm hoping for some scene in the live action series where we see a grown-up ahsoka put her feet up on a table, and take off her head-dress revealing long flowing locks of hair... (one can hope right?)

oh nm i guess it is in the 'essential guide to alien species' under 'Togruta'
now i'm bummed

I finally got to watch Friday's episode on the dvr. Very cool episode. I hope they explore more of the deserting clone theme. I've still got my fingers crossed that we will see some Republic Commandos soon too.

Also just got to watch Friday's double header. Liked them both. Good to see Kenobi get some action instead of just nagging Skywalker. Showing the more human side of the clones was enjoyable also.

I think that the deserter episode was the setup to eventually get Rex out of Order 66. I think they've made him too much of a hero now to kill him off / let him go bad. So I suspect he'll desert at some point.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back