CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

I hated the character of Ahsoka when she first debuted, but I've really grown to like her and was seriously wondering if she would make it out of that Geonosian foundry collapse in 'Weapons Factory.'

I, too, have this sense that she will not survive this series. That's my hunch, but it would really pack an emotional whollop for Anakin to lose her and help give his arc in ROTS that much more heft.

Hector

I agree...it was jarring to me that Anakin had a Padawan, and I saw her as the cliche brassy teen girl that every series seems to need. But their dynamic has become much more interesting, and yeah, I'm pretty sure she's gonna bit it.

I just rewatched the movie for the first time since I saw it once in the theater. I liked it well enough then, but like I said, jarring. Rewatching it now, I have much warmer feelings toward it, and enjoyed it tremendously. Frankly, it also worked better on the small screen. Some things just feel more TV, and I don't mean that in a bad way or anything, just...I really liked watching the movie on DVD in kinda cozy, kick back with a bag of chips kind of way.

My sons are addicted to this show and I am not afraid to say I like it, too. Great series with great arcs and characterizations.

My only on-going question is why we have yet to see even the slightest Dark Side impulses in Anakin Skywalker. We see him be brash and resistant to orders, but have yet to see anything remotely suggesting his eventual turn.

Anybody?

There have been little things here and there. One cool thing earlier this season was Anakin being reflective walking with his hands behind his back, very much like Vader in ESB.

I love this show! I haven't watched it in 3 weeks, but it's DVR'd.

I agree...it was jarring to me that Anakin had a Padawan, and I saw her as the cliche brassy teen girl that every series seems to need. But their dynamic has become much more interesting, and yeah, I'm pretty sure she's gonna bite it.

And if I were a betting man, I'd say a misjudgement or error in action on Anakin's part will be central to her demise.

Yeah, kids would be upset, but if this show was marketed primarily toward kids, it wouldn't be on at 9PM. We've had dam ns, he lls, severed heads, aurra shooting a dude in the face (it appeared), clones eaten...It's kid friendly, but only to a point. I can't see her dying on screen in some horrible way like being shot, but a fairly sanitary exploding y-wing death...yeah, I think that's within the realm of possibility.

Agreed; I pictured her death being similar to the episode a few weeks ago with the collapsing temple - a building falls, she's buried in the rubble, but we never actually see her die. Anakin can sense it through the force, but we don't on-screen see her being shot/blown-up/etc.

I don't think Ahsoka will die. Can you imagine how upset all the kids would be? There's already so many Jedi that escaped, what's one more?

I remember the buzz prior to the release of ROTS. Some fans insisted that Padme could not die, citing Liea's remembrance in ROTJ. It turned out she did after all.

If the show follows the plan, it'll last four seasons (or was that the live action show that was slated for 100 episodes?). Ahsoka's fate, whatever it may be, is still more than two seasons away.

Maybe, for the teen girl viewers, Ahsoka will hook up with young Boba Fett and that's what pushes Anakin over the edge. "You're dead to me now..."

I recall from the season 2 preview, Anakin teasing Obi Wan about his "girlfriend". How long 'til we see that? Up 'til now all the company Obi Wan's had is his lightsaber and that blue liquor.

No new episode until Jan 1!!!!!?!?!?!?!? Nooooooo!

Thought tonight's episode was top notch. This show just keeps getting better and better. The Vader music...a few goosebumps for me, not gonna lie.

I guess we kow where Ahsoka got her interogation technique from! Is it just me, or did the controls for the cooling system look like something from the Tardis?

Goosebumps here too. :thumbsup I thought last nights episode was very well done. I'm finding myself wrapped up in the drama of a cartoon. Weird. They do it well.

I asked my kids and they both said they would be sad if she died, but okay with it.

Just for kicks, I asked them how they think she would die...

My 11 year old thinks Anakin's dark side will start showing more and Ahsoka will confront him on something evil he wants to do, but he'll do it anyway. Then she'll sense that he knows she disapproves and fears he might turn on her. Knowing Anakin is more powerful than her and could kill her if she told anyone, she runs away from him and the Jedi Order instead of warning Obi-wan or the others.

Then they'll forget about her for the whole movies and so that someone can write a story about her in the distant future when she's older....

My 8 year old's version is much darker. He's convinced that Ahsoka was in the Jedi Temple in Revenge of the Sith and tried to stop him, but Anakin killed her.

Wow, your 11 year old is quite the story teller--that version sounds both interesting and plausible. Maybe he should write TV shows someday!

Last nights episode was great, Anakin beating the info out of Poggle was cool.

The episode with the queen however irked me. I hated that she spoke English, it should have been the same clicking sounds as Poggle with subtitles.

Have they done any subtitles on the show? I can't recall. My feeling is that on a show that's at least partially aimed at kids, they might not want to call on them to do any fast reading. But I agree, her voice itself was a bit of a weak element in what was otherwise an exceptional episode.

The episode with the queen however irked me. I hated that she spoke English, it should have been the same clicking sounds as Poggle with subtitles.

Well, think of it this way... The worms only enhance the queen's powers of mind control, they're not the source of it. It's not that she spoke in English, it's only what you (or the characters) believe you heard.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back