"V" Props - The New Series

TK8541

I've started doing some screen grabs of all the props and costumes on the new "V" as it airs just in case some people on here are looking for reference to make items.

I'll post the costumes in that section, but here are screens from the 2nd episode that might interest some...

v_s1_ep2_05.jpg

v_s1_ep2_08.jpg

v_s1_ep2_09.jpg

I'll have to back-track and get episode one... but I will try and keep up with this every week... unless the show just ends up sucking bad, in which case no promises. :cool

Oh, and I'm doing these off Hulu, so it's usually a week after that I'll have them on here.

BTW... I am enjoying the new show so far, but like the original far better!!!

Last edited:
The SFX and props from this series are a huge leap forward from the 80's series. I'm looking forward to see some of the relicas from other members. :)

This show is cool, I wouldnt be surprised to see some V outfits soon.

V outfits?...You mean suits?:lol I kid. Hopefully we will see some actual Shock Trooper or other Visitor uniforms other than the few we've seen so far.
VTVseries.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics, TK8541!

V outfits?...You mean suits?:lol I kid. Hopefully we will see some actual Shock Trooper or other Visitor uniforms other than the few we've seen so far.

The feeling I'm getting is that they want to distance themselves from the original, and the whole nazi metaphor, so the outfits are less military by default.

But, maybe that's just me.

The feeling I'm getting is that they want to distance themselves from the original, and the whole nazi metaphor, so the outfits are less military by default.

But, maybe that's just me.

But that's the whole reason for the title "V"! Lol.

I remember this t.v. series as a young kid growing up. I didn't know they were doing a new t.v. series. I'll definately have to start watching.

Well, when it first aired, everyone thought that the V was for Visitors, and it wasn't until the grandfather set the kids straight, that we found out it was V for Victory.

Winston Churchill's symbol echos through the ages. :)

This show is cool, I wouldnt be surprised to see some V outfits soon.

My wife just loves the V leaders grey suit.

My Mother-in-Law will be making her one and given she made my
Nemesis uniform in 3 days from pics alone, she can more than handle
that V suit.

I am on the fence if I want the one her assistant wears.

vivw.jpg

As a V fan since the original mini-series aired, I have to say this show is NOT V. The entire point of Ken Johnson's creation is lost here. Yeah it has the same title, big deal, its horrible and will hopefully go the way of Bionic Woman, Knight Rider, etc etc. If ABC wanted to make a show about aliens coming to earth, they should have done that, but not passed it off as "V". Terrible.

As a V fan since the original mini-series aired, I have to say this show is NOT V. The entire point of Ken Johnson's creation is lost here. Yeah it has the same title, big deal, its horrible and will hopefully go the way of Bionic Woman, Knight Rider, etc etc. If ABC wanted to make a show about aliens coming to earth, they should have done that, but not passed it off as "V". Terrible.

And what point is lost?

The show simply cannot operate on the basis that we do not know
what the plot is supposed to be, provided this version remains true to form.

Some areas have been updated, modernized and are "period specific" to
2009, about the only change I see is the acceleration of certain plots
that took longer when it first aired.

I loved the original. I'm enjoying this one.

Now... back on topic... look, pictures for people who might want to do props from the new show!! :cool

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back