New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Nov. '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Membership Guidelines (MGL)

Terms of Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff

Last edited:
Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!

Hey all! Ray here..I dabble in prop building but i lack the experience and technique to go much further. my uncle introduced me to the RPF.. so i figure if i can get on here and mingle with the people i can expand my hobby! I've been a helping hand on quite a few projects from anime characters for fan films to replica star wars gear.
I'm glad this forum exists! I cant wait to contribute! :lol

- Ray

Welcome aboard, buddy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey all. Been a lurker for a while and glad to be able to join in now. Absolutely IN AWE of the projects the members have done here. Looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing sometime.

-todd

WASSUP RPF!!! Dustin here. Been a lurker bout as long as I can remember. Seen just about every post on this site :lol

I am a Computer Graphics Major/ Video Game Programmer. If anyone needs anything dun up in 3D, send me a PM.

HUGE Star Wars fan and prop builder. SA is important to me, but find the building of props and costumes from scratch and homebrew materials much more fun and rewarding.

SOOO excited to be apart of this epic forum. :love

Hello RPF, I'm so excited to finally be a member on this board! This is my very first post, and I can't express how happy I am. I'm not "prop master", but I would love to share my ideas and learn how to do more. I love star wars! My whole wall is covered with star wars comics. I am so happy to be part of the community, and hope that I will grow on this board also. Thanks RPF Staff!

My name is Jose (Joey) Eguía Grady, am 34, Physician by trade. Star Wars enthusiast since i can remember!! My first SW prop ever build ( don’t have it any more :cry ) was a stormtrooper helmet that I made when I was around 6-7, I made it out of a plastic milk jug that had a pattern that made it look like a TK helmet. It came out very nice considering my age and the item I used.
Since then I have make a couple costumes, TK ANH hero configuration, Imperial officer, Snowtrooper, and a Tusken warrior!!! I will up load pics in the “what props do u have thread” along with other stuff I have either made or real movie items ( not screen used items).
Luv the Sci-fi /horror After Star Wars it Zombies!!!!!!!!!
I have dabbled a little in wood carving and sculpting but I usually give thous away ( sure love the look on the face of the person before me that just gave a cool $$$$ gift, after I give my hand carved wooden figure Lol!!!!!) priceless
Pics of a dolphin and orca ( both gifts )
frsandingside1.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0027_edited.jpg

DSCN0312_edited.jpg

What else…… I am in the 501st , Founder and current CO of OutPost Bolivia.
That’s about it…..
Lol I can say that I have been waiting to get in here for almost 3 yrs!!!!! Always missed the registration dates and had to wait LOL!!!
Dark Regards & Imperial greetings from Bolivia

Last edited:

I have also been lurking for quite some time. My name is Sean and I am from Western Colorado. I have always been interested in props and the making of props, I just haven't really known where to start.

I initially was turned to the forum by listening to one of the talks that Adam Savage gives about obsession. He mentioned the site and so I figured if I really want to get into this more as a serious hobby this would be a great place to start.

Here are some pictures of a Master Chief costume I am working on. I am sure that as I get more into it I will be asking a ton of noob questions so I hope you guys have some patience to deal with me :)

I am also an avid PC gamer so if any of you prop-junkies like to waste some time online we should play! I play a lot of Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 (demo for now), and Modern Warfare 2. If you want someone to play with add me on Steam, my user name is the_hebinator. I would love to get to know a lot of you guys better beyond just props.

Here are some pics of my Halo build, criticism and encouragement is wanted! :) Be gental though, it is my first build ever!

Halo3.jpg

Halo4.jpg

Gangster fo sho!
Halo1.jpg

NicolHalo.jpg

The wife having fun with my hobby.

G'day gang my name is Trav

Been lurking everyday for about 4 months, it was killing me not being able to post

I started making SW props earlier this year, Spent 3 months building this E-11. It's 100% scratchbuilt from Steel, stainless steel and alloy. The hengsler, TTrack, grip etc is all hand made. The cross hatch grip on the handle is hand made also with a cutter I designed and put up on the BBC website http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=603

Had a lot of fun building this thing, It's fitted out with a HyperDyneLabs Module.
The tanks scope lights up with it's own built in power supply
Starwars230.jpg

Starwars236.jpg

Starwars240.jpg

Entire build with heeps of pics found here :) http://forum.501tag.com/index.php?showtopic=6135&st=0

Almost finished a Royal Guard Force Pike for a member here, still waiting on brass for the spike tip.

Starwars002-1.jpg

Starwars003-1.jpg

Really need to get this thing finished

and the last thing i've been working on is my finished freddy glove, just waiting to buy the leather glove. The blades took me a week to make, they're hand cut from 2mm bright steel, not cut from scissors or anything.

latest014.jpg

latest006.jpg

Hello all , Lee here . Same story as many . Been here for sometime and have missed registering a few times. Been a large toy collector since Star wars premiered and got my Early Bird Set.
Along with toys , I collect all kinds of junk from Autographs to MASH items and everything in between. Work/Manager a local body shop here in Bama. Something about the " Smell of Dupont Paint in the morning ;) "
I have enjoyed all the posts of detailed props and everything that has been made. By background is Graphic Design and Ceramic Sculpture so all that comes second nature.
Not too big into all the " replica props " that companies have made over the years. I feel if you want something just make it yourself and learn along the way. Too many people just buy everything without trying to make it first.
Right Now on my work table are: Spaceballs Flame Thrower, 2 scrubber droids, Spongebob Unicycle and numerous items from Challenge of the Superfriends. I hope to learn, share and buy all kinds of things I don't need in the future.

Hey RPF,
Glad I can finally join. I collect movie posters and art prints and have started to collect movie props. I am looking forward to joining the replica prop world.

Somehow, in all of my voyeuristic adventures of the internet world of modeling, I had never come across this forum. Fortunately, the most recent issue of Make has an article featuring Adam Savage and he talks up the forum rather glowingly. Anywho, I had to come check it out and saw the dollar store lightsaber competition. I really wanted to give that a try. I have never scratch built anything and have not even built a model in several years.
Which brings me to me. I have been a fan of movies(and all the behind the scenes stuff needed to make a movie) since I was a little kid. I have built up dioramas with modded models to match my fanfic, done storyboards for films I wanted to shoot, and made props and costumes. But that all came to a stop when I was about 18 and things just were not heading in the direction I wanted them to. At that age I pretty much quit modeling and drawing altho I will still research the heck out of something I am interested in, right up to the point of pulling the trigger and spending some starting capital.
Recently I started edging back into modeling, after seeing the Nerf Maverick. I knew I could make that "my" version of Hellboys Samaritan.
newmaverick014.jpg

I started working in metal as well, steel and copper. In middle age I am coming back to the things I enjoyed as a kid. -CHuck

P.S. I also have a Lego problem
starwarslego012.jpg

starwarslego003.jpg

starwarslego002.jpg

starwarslego001.jpg

Like Lint, I've been lurking for a bit around on these forums for a bit. Only around since September, however. Glad that I caught this registration window!

Film props (mostly the weapons and gadgets) have always been a fascination of mine. I think it was a combination of growing up watching Star Wars on VHS tapes (I have vague memories from my infancy seeing Luke igniting his lightsaber for the first time, Obi-Wan scaring off Sand People, the Death Star exploding) and Star Trek TNG on television that embedded that interest in me.

I always wondered if there was a community that gathered to discuss and recreate such things. I was very, very happy to stumble upon this site.

I'm hopelessly hooked on Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Stargate (well, except Universe- haven't seen any episodes of that yet). Great interest in abstract art and music as well.

As a music major, however, I am by definition nearly broke at all times, so my prop collection is tiny, and constantly being changed around. I used to have a few prequel lightsabers in the collection, but now it's down to an all original-trilogy prop collection

PB130125.jpg

Still several things I'd like to improve with the props I already have, but I've the best people in the world to give me advice on that now that I'm here.

My dream prop is a really accurate recreation of Obi-Wan's A New Hope lightsaber. Note, this is all James Kenobi 1138's fault for that darned link he included to his stunning saber replica in his sig. I am quite enraptured with that prop now :love

I'm very happy to be a member here now, and I look forward to assimilating into the community and absorbing lots of fun and useful tips from the experienced prop builders and collectors here.

EDIT: And Trav, like others have said... That E-11 is very, very stylish.

Last edited:

HI ALL! Been lurking around here for a while now, always missing the registration (seems to be a common thread.) Anywho, Names Joe, live in DC, and run a computer forensics company in town. Been into Star Wars, Star Trek, and lots of Green Lantern for as long as I can remember, and recently got into replica props and collecting. Heavily into Star Wars props (Master Replicas, etc) and am builing a display in our movie room in a couple of weeks. Look forward to chatting and drooling over all your really great work you all do.

Thanks for having me!

Hello RPF! My name is Luke, and I have been lurking about for a long time. I am glad to finally be a part of the community. I love Star Wars and many other fantastic works of art. I am a big fan of collecting, which has led me to become a ridiculous packarat. I am also a big fan of anything diy.

I am a computer graphics major with an emphasis on game art and design. Pretty close to graduating and excited. I have a plethora of hobbies, all of which have driven me to the brink of financial worthlessness.

I look forward to gleaning all kinds of interesting and awesome things from this incredibly epic forum. I also can't wait to contribute.

Greetings all! Very excited to finally be on the RPF! My name is Noel, or TK-8541, whichever your prefer. You may be thinking, "Why TK when you're obviously a TD?" Well, I started out a TK and will always be one at heart... plus people "know" the TK more than TD... so... yeah.

Costuming I've been doing since birth basically. I learned to sew on a machine when I was around 5 or 6... my mom taught me. And I have had everything from a 1979 Jawa costume (I was in 2nd grade) to a Hagrid, Freddy, Wolverine, and just about everything else you can imagine or think of. If I've not done it I'm about to do it or want to do it someday. :cool

You can see some of my past costumes on my personal (a.k.a. non-TK) web site here...

You can also see costumes I've done for past Halloweens on our Springfield Halloween web site here...

I'm pretty well known on the FISD and MEPD forums for Star Wars fans. And have a really extensive tutorial on modding and overhauling a MR CE bucket on the FISD.

As far as props go... I'm the proud owner of an MiB Neuralyzer. As well as an MiB Alien Identifier prototype game... they never went into production as I understand it and there are only like 20 in existence.

I'm probably more into Star Wars now than anything else, but am looking forward to talking about other costumes and props on here.

Some of the things I'm planning in the "near" future are....

1) An ESB stormtrooper
2) An original "V" costume (will buy this)
3) A steampunk Green Goblin
4) Skeletor

Great to be here!!! :cheers

Hey Everybody!

My name is Mike and I've glanced at this forum every once in a while for the last few months and am now very excited to join! I'm fairly new to prop-making and have mostly only done some paper props as I'm quite skilled with the Adobe programs.

I'm looking forward to getting some great ideas here and posting some of my attempts!

Whoa, okay. I've been lurking on this place since like, high school. It feels very weird to be posting here, in the company of heroes. Um, I'm not much one for introductions, I've been a geek all my life really, and I've dabbled into the prop and costuming world over the years. My biggest project was easily my Ghostbusters costume with proton pack from like '04

001.jpg

233_191046825.jpg

Yucky wrong pads, I fixed them and dyed the suit

n803355721_111641_6121.jpg

I've also spent a great deal of fund-age into a Stargate: SG-1 uniform:

n803355721_111698_8018.jpg

And I hit up the Jedi scene, rocking a BYB saber I made decades ago (My first prop)

I've been on the down low lately, as I can't really decide on what's next. I did buy a vintage skeleton costume I found at Goodwill for $2, which I wanted to use for a Donnie Darko costume, but it was the wrong style:

PICT0127.jpg

I *think* right now I want to make a Tom Servo, cause we're all big fans of MST3K around here and I think I can really get my friends into a prop project with him.

Oh, and I make bead art based on video game sprites:

Yoshi_purple_outside.jpg

And now I'm done with the photo whoring.

Really, I'm super humbled to be here, I hope I can contribute something to the community, even if it's just a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back