Supertrain

Commander Max

Sr Member
Any of you guys remember this?
supertrain_publicity_01.jpg

I did a search and came up with this site.
http://nbc_supertrain.tripod.com/index.html
It brought back a few memories, oddly enough not from Supertrain.
I only remember the train(it looked like something from Matchbox) and of course the name.

Yes it would be fun to build it, but I do have other priorities(as do we all).
I was curious if anybody knows what happened to, or have seen the miniature/s from this show(as of late).

:lol and I thought I was the only one....I already did cads for this to build one, it's on my short list, I'm thinking it would be a pretty easy one to build, just gotta get around to it, but at least the hard part is done, figuring out all the details...:)

Will

I remember it! I don't think we ever watched an episode all the way through.
I agree, nice train, though!

I remember it, Love Boat on an atomic powered train! I still have the TV Guide with the article on the models.

WOW,

I am really shocked. I checked out Netflix and they don't even have this listed. Super everything but..........

They seem to have everything too.

According to the link above, the pilot was released on VHS, but not the rest of the series. The pilot is on Youtube in 10 parts. Bummer, I'd like to see the one with Rebeca Balding in her underwear. I don't remember much of the show but I have a clear memory of that :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
well there were only 9 episodes period, love boat on rails...they spent way too much money for the sets and miniatures for a show that was pretty much derailed by other shows on at the same time.. I only watched the show for shots of the train...

Will

Last I heard (late 80's) was the large model was owned by a train collector and was at the time on display in the window of his model train shop in Burbank.

I don't know where it is now.

Absolutely never heard of it. But it's gorgeous. The train, I mean. Just checked the show itself on youtube and actually it's not quite as dire as I was expecting. Garbage, yes, but somehow with a bit more life in it than some other shows of the time...

Last edited:
well there were only 9 episodes period, love boat on rails...they spent way too much money for the sets and miniatures for a show that was pretty much derailed by other shows on at the same time.. I only watched the show for shots of the train...

Will
That show was one of nine NBC shows it cancelled that year. I remember Johnny Carson starting his monologe that friday night with "Hello, I'm Johnny Carson here on NBC, which stands for Nine Bombs Cancelled." Of course back then Johnny's show was 17 percent of NBC's profits...

With the recent developments around Comcast and NBC, Supertrain's been mentioned a bit as NBCs most abysmal failure, only 30 years removed from it, too.

Really, really bad show. One thing I remember is in some scenes of the miniature whizzing by, there would be other trains in the shot-- all pulled by steam locomotives!

Scott

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back