Supertrain

this casting turned out much better... I'm thinking I'll be putting my little motor driven unit in the first passenger car, unless it fits the locomotive.

Will

Ok,
I'm finally happy with the Supertrain locomotive master pattern casting. With this under my belt, I spent all night finishing up the bulk head patterns for the club car, luggage car, a main car, and a caboose/pool/lounge car. I also tried a new vinyl wrap for the club car to see how she'll look...This is going to be super cool. The main car gets repeated for 4 additional cars for a grand total 9 cars to the train, including the locomotive. So with all the bulk heads cut and glued up for each individual passenger car , it's just a matter of smoothing up the basic shapes then add the wraps for the final pattern finishes
icon_mrgreen.gif
I'd show ya pics , but left my camera at the shop, figures...lol

So, here are the pics I was going to take ...it's progress..it's handmade so bear with me :lol..you can see the wrap laying there as well as the one i stuck on the club car..it's not smoothed out or anything yet but now that i took my pics i'll remove this wrap test and smooth the cars out so that once re-wrapped, it will look great.
icon_mrgreen.gif

well it was a long night, but she's ready for molding...Smile I think she turned out awesome Smile

smoothing the blanks for the vinyl wraps..lots of sanding
ST_22small.jpg

applying putty to get a smooth finish
ST_23small.jpg

basic blanks all smoothed and showing the overall train
ST_24small.jpg

here's a wrap ready to apply
ST_25small.jpg

all wrapped, I like this Very Happy
ST_26small.jpg

passenger car wraps all applied
ST_27small.jpg

top details added
ST_28small.jpg

ready to mold Very Happy
ST_29small.jpg

so what ya all think of this little one????
Will

Wow, this all brings back memories. I remember watching Supertrain, but don't really remember anything about the show.

Other than it being a train.

And not super.

Just Awesome. I remember seeing the original train for sale in a magazine. I think it was $25K. Not that bad a price today but then for me it might as well have been $1M. I'd love to have one if you make copies to sell.

Firefoxm31 (Will) has my studio scale flying sub and is not responding to any form of communication. I see he is banned here, hope that isn't because he took people's stuff and didn't return it. Anybody have contact for Will Babington? I hate to get Disney (his employer) involved but I guess that is coming soon.

Firefoxm31 (Will) has my studio scale flying sub and is not responding to any form of communication. I see he is banned here, hope that isn't because he took people's stuff and didn't return it. Anybody have contact for Will Babington? I hate to get Disney (his employer) involved but I guess that is coming soon.

Don't know the story but the Bannlog says :
12.01.2011 Firefoxm31 has been banned for sales related issues.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back