Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Costume

Well, he is on a mannequin torso right now with no arms...

He is for Eric, so the mask fits real well to him. But all the other pieces are on the way and in the works.

Not to mention I got a few more stitches to add to the mask there, but just waiting for the paints on it to dry right now, then i'll add them.

Very nice.

Taking commisions on the balaclava?

I won't say the idea hasn't rolled around yet. But as of right now I am not.

The balaclava alone took 8 hours to make, via all the modifications and its still not exactly where I want it to be.

The problem is physical mechanics. There are things the clava does in the came that in the real world is just bout physically impossible. But for what it is now, I am considering doing commissions.

Excellent spot ObiJuan70.

I'm assuming that it's going to be a wool/polyester mix, what paint would be most suitable to paint the skull on this?

Regular acrylic paint would work just fine, acrylics will stick to/stain just about any material; something I've learned through past experience with painting with acrylics extensively in my younger years. Plus you can water it down and paint it on layers to achieve a more faded look.

Yes, thats what I used on mine were simple Fabric Acrylics....

However, good luck in trying to thin out the paint if you are planning on using the knit balaclava. if you want to get the effect like from the game, you will have to cake the paint on there. Once it dried (the initial bone color I used) I then went over it all with the different colors to give the effects and the skull image.

Yes, thats what I used on mine were simple Fabric Acrylics....

However, good luck in trying to thin out the paint if you are planning on using the knit balaclava. if you want to get the effect like from the game, you will have to cake the paint on there. Once it dried (the initial bone color I used) I then went over it all with the different colors to give the effects and the skull image.

You don't even need fabric acrylics, regular acrylics stick to fabric just fine; my parents can attest to that having stained numerous pieces of clothing and the carpet in my parent's house. You can even "dye" nylon with regular acrylic paint, I once "dyed" a black nylon web belt extender green using regular acrylic paint that you'd buy for painting.

I was looking for one of these for my BF...Gilmore, yours looks amazing, you'd do well with commissions! And ooh, that $20 isn't too shabby. Good enough for a random present anyways. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I heard they got slammed with orders Chris. And its cool, they won't let ya wear it at Basic anyway ;)

Lol, but I would contact them if you can and see whats up. I know lovemunkey got his, but he is in the UK, so it was probably easier to ship, but yeah, I'd hound them about it.

I heard they got slammed with orders Chris. And its cool, they won't let ya wear it at Basic anyway ;)

Lol, but I would contact them if you can and see whats up. I know lovemunkey got his, but he is in the UK, so it was probably easier to ship, but yeah, I'd hound them about it.

I have been since. What happend was is that my stupid paypal account keeps refusing to save my address change. As soon as I paid them, I noticed it was sending them my old addy up in north florida, and right then and there I sent them an email telling them that address is wrong, send it here. I didn't hear from them until a week later saying they had already shipped it.

I managed to go up north a little later by the old house, and the new tenets say they send back packages they recieve. The post office up there hasn't been helpful with this either.

Dosn't change the fact that I'm still out a mask and $30

Yup, its a little pink or green card that you fill out and give to the PO, anything that comes in your name to that address gets rerouted.

Sorry to raise the dead, but would anyone have any full body shots of the front, back and sides of the household ghost?

Thanks,
Chris

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back