Studio scale Tantive IV

Re: Studio scale Tantive VI

Never been a fan of this ship, but my word, thats one hell of a piece Lasse, completely gorgeous, and an impeccable standard of craftmanship, as usual.

lee

Looking good so far! A big project to tackle.

Can't wait to see more on this.

Oh, and shouldn't this be in the Studio Scale section?

:(The studio scale section is pretty :angry about using the correct parts for detailing, so i thought it would be best to post it here in stead of getting moved later :lol I NEVER use the correct kits parts.... - It is hard enough for me to fit in here as it is.

Last edited:

:(The studio scale section is pretty :angry about using the correct parts for detailing, so i thought it would be best to post it here in stead of getting moved later :lol I NEVER use the correct kits parts.... - It is hard enough for me to fit in here as it is.

Oh, I didn't realize that section was detailed on parts useage. I thought
Studio Scale meant size, not parts used.

Either way, I am following this build. Your off to a great start! :thumbsup

I see the boy is ready to continue the job !

Awesome work as always Lasse, clean as hell, trully a new piece of art. Maybe she hasnt the right parts but in final she will be as nice as the original. Im very glad finally someone is working on a studio scale/size Tantive, she's worth it, a so beautiful ship !

Holy Cow. Studio Scale does mean size. Not all SS models are 100% correct in kit parts. So this certainly belongs in the SS section. Nice work Lasse!!!

Dave

Wow...that's awesome. I've been following your builds for years, just hoping, praying, that a tiny bit of that talent would ooze through the computer screen and into my brain somehow!

WOW talk about getting a jump on the learning curve!!!!:lol
Your son is ahead of the game, look at all the mistakes he can avoid by watching and building with "Dad"!!!:lol

Wow amazing Lasse thats going to be a great conversation piece for sure!!:lol

Regards,
Michael

"I love you man"

That is just great. When I was a kid the little average model kits just never satisfied me. The bigger the better.

That is so killer.

It's a great ship in that size.

Like the rest of the people here....Wow is the word I have for that model!

I'm sorely lacking in studio scale model knowledge, so I always assumed that the Tantive IV was a tiny little model, since the star destroyer chasing it was so monumentally huge (seemingly :lol) in the film.

It's great to be able to see all the detail like this, thanks!

And best of luck to you in your continuing work on it.

It's looking incredibly amazing wicked awesome fantastic and cool! :lol

I really think your greeblie details will be better than what they did with the original.

WOW, Thanks! :confused
Yes it is an awesome scale for a model not seen more in the films - simply because this ship was originally intended to be Han Solos ship before they changed their mind. They also made a much smaller version from solid aluminium, but it was never showed...:lol

:ninja One of the reasons i use different details is that the studio model were made to look good on film, the level of detail seldom required a lot of depth, just surface texture as the ships soar past on the screen (this varied from ship to ship of course, depending on screen time and how close to the model the camera would be). The opportunity to build theses ships with the level of detail i imagined is far too great, and they can be refined a lot without loosing the look and feel of the original.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back