Studio scale Tantive IV

Keep dreaming. I already asked that & its a personal build with his son. He said it'd be $5000 or more as a kit & no one would buy it :rolleyes maybe not, but probably HELL YEAH!!!! Do you want a down payment Lasse or full payment :confused Sorry but we all have dreams......:cry

The cockpit exterior is finally done and primed. A massive job as it is the face of the model and needed to be very close to the original. Check out my update here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28993771@N04/
4181319537_1f5d013a4a_o.jpg

I am back in the modeling groove after a 6 month absence. These last days i have built the radar assembly for my Tantive IV

Attachments

• _MG_0572.jpg
    _MG_0572.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 650
Been a fan of your work ever since i saw some of your models in person at Avalon in the early nineties. FABOLOUS!

Re: Studio scale Tantive VI

:(The studio scale section is pretty :angry about using the correct parts for detailing, so i thought it would be best to post it here in stead of getting moved later :lol I NEVER use the correct kits parts.... - It is hard enough for me to fit in here as it is.

That's exactly why I love your work Lasse. I think your models are far superior to the real deals.
Seeing someone slavishly track down the exact parts to replicate a studio model is amazing in of itself but does get quite boring. It's nice to see a modelers creative use of 'alternate' detail parts.

I can't imagine what this looks like in person, I know pictures only show a small fraction. Having seen the work you did on the Vader TIE, I know every little detail is flawless.

Absolutely amazing Lasse. It's better than the original. I haven't seen a post on this for a while, and I'm glad this project wasn't temporarily shelved.

TazMan2000

Wow, just wow. I think you own the category called super-duper-uber-detailing. Impressive, most impressive...! Glad to see your return. Your work is always an inspiration.

Thanks, i appreciate hearing that!:love

The master patterns for the side panels is finished. No machining, just laminating and sading styrene :confused

Looks like you've taken over the dining room table!

Great to see you've got your priorities right: eating vs. modelmaking! :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back