Studio scale Tantive IV

My wife said that I have a "Tantive IV" addiction, and that I need to see someone about it. I said the only cure is more Tantive IV!!!!!!! Fantastic Lasse, you sir, are an inspiration!

Two words: Blown away!

Wow, what an amazing build! I love the videos, too. Going through this thread has been an excellent start to my long weekend. Thank you for sharing, you are a true artisan.

I somehow doubt Disney and the new stories will use models, and certainly not the old ones. If they decide to, they will be purely digital :-(

It is a gray and rainy day here in Norway, so i hope to get some more work done today. I am filming the final part of the painting as i go along, but it is basically just more of the same - once again, i do this for myself and then share it...

My big wish is they would use models, maybe even not exclusively, or, something akin to the filming of The Thing remake, where elaborate models were used for filming, then trashed by producer fatcats with CGI.
At least, that would give a later DVD option of viewing such a movie, with the models in shot, not cheap ass lazy computer rubbish.
Then, surely guys like Julien and Lasse could get a call from Disney LOL.

lee

What was the the last major sci-fi film that still used models extensively? I know Starship Troopers used a lot of models, and that's the newest one I can recall.

I thought models still needed to be built for loads of cgi. Take the prequels. An old-school practical model of that big red ship at the start of TPM was built, then scanned.

Nice blockade runner, by the way!

I thought models still needed to be built for loads of cgi. Take the prequels. An old-school practical model of that big red ship at the start of TPM was built, then scanned.

Built yes Steve, used in final production, rare as hens teeth these days!

Lee

No, unless it's something organic like an actor's face it's easier to build in the computer.

I don't think they had the Radiant scanned, I'm pretty sure it was always a miniature.

These days it's easier to have miniatures for things like explosions and destruction where it needs that sort of animation. Like most recently in Skyfall, they probably had the shot of the subway going through the roof as a miniature and then the house exploding at the end was probably a miniature as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back