Out of curiosity Who wears a mirdle

http://www.mensbreast.com/servlet/the-99/MEN-GIRDLE-BODYSUIT-featured/Detail

166728115_o.jpg

This seems it would help some costumers

To be honest, there were MANY times over the last few years that I had looked into getting something like that.

But after my last outing in spandex this past Halloween, I've decided totally against it.
For me, the less layers I wear in costume, the more comfortable I am.
I may not be in the best shape, but I don't look too bad (especially with a suit that has some muscle shading on it ;)).

Even with that said, I've decided to work on my physique the old fashion way...

Modify my diet and get more exercise on a continual basis.

That way, next year after I've made a few more upgrades to my Batsuit, I can start making appearances for local schools, hospitals, fund raisers, parades, etc. without any worries.:)

I do have to say though, that thing could very well come in handy to hide "problem areas" in the abdominal and pelvic regions for those so inclined to get one.

I can't comment on how well it works because I have yet to see any male costumer admit to wearing one.

I will be honest with this subject. I am 215lbs and 5 foot 6. I have worn a girdle and the results are undeniable.

For this example i was in my red ranger costume

Without
2443891825_76bbc26859_b.jpg

with
909620165_89c88ac281_o.jpg

Yeah, for costuming, sure. Anyone wear one in real life? I dunno...unless you have extra skin from your stomach stapling or something that would strike me as an odd thing for a guy to just wear day to day...

Ya know, I always wanted a Luke ROTJ costume but I was way too fat to wear one. WAY too fat. So I lost the weight with diet and exercise. I have some excess skin right now that hopefully P90X will help me eliminate.

Skip the mirdle, do the exercise. It's better for you.

I'm 6ft/158lbs and I've thought about buying something like this for my 3PO. I fit into it fine just figured I could use some help to suck me in just a bit more.
The problem is I can't find any compression clothing that fits me, so far the ones I've tried are still a bit too big to really work.

Having a pear shape with most of my weight in the middle (not too much, I'm 5'8" at 210) I wear one (not this one) with my costumes to make my torso a cylinder shape and 'shore-up' the gut and chest area into more of a barrel shape.

Actually it's a back-supporter belt, or weightlifting belt, a very wide and tall one.

I'm in spartan shape, but I wear one everyday... they make me feel sexy... and the chicks dig em...

:lol:lol:cry:lol:lol

OMG that was priceless!

Deff look better WITH for the red ranger! Need to do a bit of dieting myself for a TK.

Always felt you should costume within your body type... but if your CLOSE I dont see anything wrong with the mirdle.

But darn that post was funny!!!

Last edited:
I wonder, do you order the size that you wear regularly, or a size smaller?

Not that I am thinking about getting one or anything.... :confused

I'm kinda tired of getting called "a little fat for a stormtrooper". Thanks a lot Family Guy :rolleyes

My experience with them is order the size it says on the indicator chart. However depending on your comfort level i have endured 2 sizes down for a total of 8 hrs. The one i have is actaully a womens body line body shaper. I chose a womens for one reason it lessens the bulge. Another example of it on

4286274070_0c51361854_b.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha i saw this thread and started cracking up. i immediately thought about Kastanza lol. but yea, i know some dudes that wear "under armour" underneath their shirts becuase it flattens out there chest when they go out in public lol. i'd never do it tho, no need, but yea thats what ive seen.

I will be honest with this subject. I am 215lbs and 5 foot 6. I have worn a girdle and the results are undeniable.

For this example i was in my red ranger costume

Without
2443891825_76bbc26859_b.jpg

with
909620165_89c88ac281_o.jpg

That's really a good comparison. I've been curious about garments that help with that for a while now, but didn't have any good pictures to see if they really did as well as advertised.

and a back brace with some flex to it works as well....depending on the outer material....wouldnt recommend it if your wearing spandex over it...but if you have normal style clothes...( like my friends does it in his Indy Gear)...its not very noticable

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back