Max & Carol - Where The Wild Things Are

E-Wan

Sr Member
For Halloween this year, my wife and I decided to go as Max and Carol from Where The Wild Things are

4066686221_10c4e333de.jpg

4066686341_1029a7f6db.jpg

The Max costume is made from shearling material - it's a little itchy on the inside, but the fur side looks great - wire whiskers painted black and a gold paper crown.

Carol was a little more involved. The head was carved out of furniture foam then covered in latex and cheesecloth. Detail parts were painted with pigmented latex and the whole thing was covered in fur. The body suit was made from alternating strips of fur stitched together, and I originally had pillows stuffed in there to get the correct "pot belly" look but with all the fur it was just too hot!

4066658299_614c8b28cf.jpg

4067433988_5749c88343.jpg

Everyone was really stoked on our costumes, and my boss knows Spike Jonze, so he forwarded along pictures of our costumes and Spike put them up on his blog! http://weloveyouso.com/2009/11/costumes/

Hope you guys dig them!

That's incredible. Great Job!

I'd recommend getting a cheapo Mascot cooling vest off of eBay before wearing it next time though, it'll really make a big difference in the tolerability.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back