Finding a stand for a ST TOS Gary Seven servo pen

KojiroVance

Sr Member
There are plain lucite and acrylic pen stands that you can buy for a Gary Seven servo pen, but I had a spare Wacom Graphire stylus stand that worked in a pinch...

20091027-2239_800.jpg

The tip of this Dstines reproduction protruded out the bottom just an eensy bit, so I had to put a velvet bag underneath it on my curio's glass shelves.

I'd been searching for something a little less overt, and found that some retail supply vendors (and some third parties) offering various pen display stands. I found a Sheaffer stand that suits Gary's pen nicely. I painted the base with (Testor's) matte black (enamel) and buffed it with fine steel wool, and sanded and buffed the stem as well (it has a recessed trough so doing so gave it a two-tone appearance that the plain shiny plastic didn't.

20091029-2253_penstand_repainted_640.jpg

The results (this pic taken before I roughed up the stem):

20091029-2248_garypeninstand_480.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!! Where did you get the lightup cube to go with it??
"Mini Mood Cube" sold by a company in California, Glow Source or something. $3.95. Not perfect, but the best prop replica I got for $3.95. ;)

As mentioned elsewhere, two of the three that I bought (they're cute stocking stuffers as well as nice "replicas") have slightly dimpled sides, this one is pretty flat. YMMV.

No one ever responded to my question, but eventually I got one :) and for the question of the stand ...m using a Cosmos Base 01, which is adjustable and lighted. Originally designed for an anime action figure. Oh,, and I got the cube to go with it.IMG_2891.JPG

Good catch on the servo. I've been wanting one for a while but I'm usually too late when one is offered and they are not offered too often.

Well done, I like your anime character, erm, pen stand. :)

Very cool!!! I'd love to get one that writes with easy refillable inserts. I'd use it daily
The DStines model had interchangeable tips so you would use it as a pen. I posted on TPZ a way I was able to rig to fit standard Cross short ballpoint refills. Ah, here t'is:

20091116-2270-73_garysevenpenrefill.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back