Studio Scale TIE Bomber

Also, why do you need three Prince of Wales kits? and the Junyo... is it me, or do you need four of these to do the wing details?
The hanger doors from the POW are needed for the detail pieces around the flat dish of the ordinance pod.

I have the 1/24th Stuka - for the life o f me I cannot locate the part needed that sits under the Leo piece... any one know what it is in the Stuka kit?

the part from the Stuka is a little square piece with a couple knobs on the sides.... Probally 9mm X 9mm in size

Thanks guys - I IDed the Junyo parts - #40 - I need FOUR of the kits for the recipe, correct?

Will revisit the Stuka now - thanks for the tip! Damn, those rivets on the wings are like an exfoliating pad! Yikes.

Ahhh - Prince of Wales hangar doors! Thanks! I figured it was evergreen sheet...

Success! Looks like you need FOUR Prince of Wales too, lol - ahhh I'm never well prepared for these dang things.... getting CLOSE now though!

Will revisit the Stuka now - thanks for the tip! Damn, those rivets on the wings are like an exfoliating pad! Yikes.

Jason, the Stuka parts are at the bottom left of this picture (the crappy scan is from Cybermodeler)
airfix_3506_parts03.jpg

You also need part #B5 from the Prince of Wales for the front of the central "box" (although some photos show this part missing, especially the Chronicles pics on pp188-189).

Cheers, JT

...Does anyone know the size measurements of the front octagon opening of the ordnance pod and the size of the notches that are cut into the perimeter of the flat dish?

Drew up a pattern/template for the Ordnance Pod cover by scaling up the ref image to a 2" (50.8mm) dia. Each Panel is at a 45 degree angle and about 7mm wide. The Octagonal port appears to be the same size as the outside dia. of octagonal on the viewport. The PDF is the 1:1 template printed out on a 8.5"x11" legal size paper. LMK if it works, or needs revision.

(Upated PDF with revised octagonal)

Last edited:
I've been looking for the Tamiya 20mm Flak 38 MIT Sd.Ah.51, and found that my LHS cannot get this kit in. Has anyone subsituted the kit part for the Italeri kit part, here is a kit scan.

flak38it008.jpg

flak38tam008.jpg

Have you tried Ebay ?

Yes, there's nothing up right now. I'm going to contact some of the hobby stores in my area, and possibly take a drive to the U.S. and see what's down there on the shelves. I found the M3 LEE last year on a shelf, when this kit is discontinued. This part and the half bridge from the vintage Yamato are on the list.

the 51 is a little more rare than the 52, but not impossible.
keep a search on ebay for a couple weeks. i'd be really surprised if you don't see it pop up a couple times. should be able to bag it for under $15, methinx. unless there is a sudden rush for it for some unforeseen reason? good luck

I've been looking for the Tamiya 20mm Flak 38 MIT Sd.Ah.51, and found that my LHS cannot get this kit in. Has anyone subsituted the kit part for the Italeri kit part, here is a kit scan.

Here is a quick sketch of the Tamiya part w/ dims so it can be compared with the Italeri kit part (if someone has it)

Re: TIE Bomber Studio Scale Parts Collection

New to the RPF! I recently started collecting the kits needed to make my own TIE Bomber!

Last edited:
Nope, and the vintage one is going for stupid money on eBay right now. Who is paying $80 for a 1/700 waterline kit? That person is even crazier than I am. I am feeling a mixture of fear and awe :lol

Haha yeah I saw some of the prices....that's why I was really hoping they were the same. I'm gonna hold off on that kit for now :facepalm

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back