Studio Scale TIE Bomber

Re: TIE Bomber Studio Scale Parts Collection

You could make plugs of some sort that you glue to the back of the detail parts. You could also drill holes in the aluminum block for magnets, and glue thin metal plates to the detail parts.

The frigate is pretty cool :)

Does anybody have a clear picture of the Harrier part? I don't have the instructions for my kit and I want to cast it up this weekend. I sent Airfix a message over a month ago with no response.

Thanks Shizman, that kit is still on the to find list. I'll go down to my LHS this weekend and place an order. I just have to finish drilling three holes and tap in a thread on the aluminum armiture, then I'm ready to go !

Found mine. It's about to take a swim in some RTV. Thanks everybody. :thumbsup

TIE Bomber Studio Scale Build

Well, I changed the title from "Parts Collection" to "Build", because I'm starting to get some work done on this inbetween my other builds. I have my armature built, I just finished taping in the threads, two for the bottom plate and one for the front set screw.

armature2.jpg

armature3.jpg

armature4.jpg

armature5.jpg

I'll just need to prime and I can start glueing pieces to her.

Thanks for the kind words all, I just wish I had more time to work on all of my builds that I have on the go right now.

28cf527b.jpg

I've been too busy with other issues, someday I'll get back to them!:wacko

Get a life me old mate LOLOLOLOL.

I counted up all the unfinished models and fugures in my room!,

Is "46" to many????

I have more faith in you finishing yours than I do in myself.

PS: I have been following this thread so I can leach the kits (will scratch my own parts though) for the bomber.

I am sooooo happy your coat tails are soooooo large. LOL

Love ya work mate!!!!!

Ozzy

46 kits, and I thought I was crazy. Can't wait to see them finished Ozzy.

I've decided to make two TIE Bombers, one studio scale, and another with the detailed cockpit missile tube, pilot, and laser cannons. I built a plastic version of the armature that's made out of styrene and a piece of acrylic. I kept it within the same dimensions as the aluminum SS version, however I tapped in a 1/4" thread on the bottom.

armature6.jpg

Thanks for the kind words all!

Last edited:
Is this kit needed for parts,
Tamiya 1/35 3.7cm FLAK37 Anti-Aircraft Gun - w/Crew Set#35302

I've been looking through the trees and couldn't find anything that's needed for the TIE Bomber.

No, not that one

there is a part that's combined with the Yamato tower half piece on the bottom front of the ordnance pod, it's a square piece, it looks like a seat of some type (wish I had a pic). Any idea where this piece came from?

I have the 1/24th Stuka - for the life o f me I cannot locate the part needed that sits under the Leo piece... any one know what it is in the Stuka kit?

Also, why do you need three Prince of Wales kits? and the Junyo... is it me, or do you need four of these to do the wing details?

The part needed from the Stuka is the part that holds the bombs.Don't know the part # & you need to trim it.
The parts for the POW is # B-34,35 they go on the frount bomb tube.
The Junyo parts are # 40 (need to trim),& # 68 for the wing.
I believe I got that right.

Dave

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back