Studio Scale TIE Bomber

Re: TIE Bomber Studio Scale Parts Collection

You've got 3 Prince of Wales kits listed. What parts are needed from that kit? I've got the kit but only found one part.:cool

The raised little doors, there are only 2 per kits, they're used to fill the notches in the dish of the left fuselage.

pofw2.jpg

parts #35, on the right between the 4 and 5 of the ruler.

They're the square aircraft hanger doors with the notch on them. If you look at the tie bomber head on, you'll notice around the octagone opening of the torpedo launcher a number of square cuts in the flat dish, the pow doors get glued in behind the square openings.

The POW doors are highlighted purple, the green highlights, i suspect are styrene plastic, I could be wrong.

POWid.jpg

Last edited:

Just got the Tamiya Junyo. What part was used? Was it #32? If that is so you'll need 2 kits.

Just got the Tamiya Junyo. What part was used? Was it #32? If that is so you'll need 2 kits.

This is a pic that MonsieurTox posted awhile ago, it shows the junyo parts,
tbjunyo1.jpg

I used parts 39 and 68 from the Junyo 31212**2400 kit. I had to modifiy part 39 to make it look right.

If you haven't done so, check out MonsieurTox's TIE Bomber SS build, there is a lot of useful information, and a number of pics on his build.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=53029

Last edited:

I was just about to trim this piece, but thought I better get an informed opinion.

Is this section of this part, (highlighted in pink), supposed to be trimned off, in order for it to be sitting flat against the wing (highlighted green), I'm certain that it is.

wingdetail.jpg

Yes, you need to trim the back tabs flush to sit nicely onto the wing.

Stu

I'm glad you confirmed that Stu, because I took a leap of faith and did so about 10 minutes after posting that.... LOL!

What diameter of pipe did you use from Home Depot? I'm really interested in making one.

Cheers

Scratchy,

Are you having any luck with the tube from Home Depot when it comes to the 12 lines around the circumference?

Cheers

scratchy , this is a great build and I have enjoyed watching it and your information. It really makes it seem doable for everyone.

Thanks for the kind words all, I just wish I had more time to work on all of my builds that I have on the go right now.

28cf527b.jpg

I've been too busy with other issues, someday I'll get back to them!:wacko

Does anyone know how the detail parts where attached to the aluminum block when the armiture wasn't screwed into the model

IMG_2083.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back