"Those we don't speak of" The Village

GREAT SAVE RABBIT!!!!!!!!

I'd emailed Steve Johnson, the guy who made the suite, last year asking if he had any production stills of the costume. He said it was too much trouble to find the photos. What you just posted is EXACTLY want I've been looking for!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post them!!!!

Now for the $100,000 question.....did you happen to save or remember the eBay ID or name of the seller or the winning bidder?

Thanks,

Dennis

I loved that movie. Those are some cool pics. Technicaly we are typing these comments so they remain "those we don't speak of".

FFFFF Wow. Like. I know how terrible that movie is but I really love it all the same. Man, one day I might try a repro of this myself! Thanks so much for such fantastic references! I can imagine it's a fantastic conversation piece in the corner of your place. XD

I have the images saved for the ebay auctions. One was the prototype costume and the other one was the Hero costume worn by Brody.

those images that you uploaded are not showing anymore. I just joined this site and I would love to see them. Do you still have the photos available to you? You could email them to me. That would be so great! Let me know. Thanks!

I have the images saved for the ebay auctions. One was the prototype costume and the other one was the Hero costume worn by Brody.

those images that you uploaded are not showing anymore. I just joined this site and I would love to see them. Do you still have the photos available to you? You could email them to me. That would be so great! Let me know. Thanks!

Not to come across as pestering, but I'd love to see them too, if they're still available. :) I love the film and it never occurred to me to create a "those we don't speak of" costume/model. If you have pics I'll snatch them up as reference and see if I can come up with some ideas to produce it.

Despite the somewhat annoying & manufactured "oh noes! surprise twist!" ending, I found the film to be a wonderful character story. The acting is top notch and the actors convey depth and history in subtle ways, without much exposition. It's also rare to have a lead female character that isn't of the boobs-or-guns variety, whose strength relies on her intelligence, will and character. The editing and cinematography is also wonderful. This is one of those times where Shyamalan got it right. ;)

Sorry for the lateness, but here are pics uploaded again. This time I organized them.

Prototype/Early Suit:
602fa3eb.jpg

88bb3913.jpg

d2e991ed.jpg

b698f0b9.jpg

b3dceee3.jpg

d7913cd4.jpg

3e87dfd1.jpg

44526633.jpg

126bfe5e.jpg

c068d010.jpg

e70e0d47.jpg

adaa1155.jpg

f2b257f4.jpg

de9fee68.jpg

d7ebcca2.jpg

d2c60035.jpg

Awsome photo's. I only saw bits of this movie a long time ago and forgot about the critters. I may have to consider this outfit for my next SciFi convention for the costume contest. Also be great for Halloween to scare the beejeezus out of the little kiddies.:lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back