Spider-man 1 pumpkin bomb: Finished page 5

amazing it truly is it looks just like the replica and the stand is awesome to i am definatly going to try and make one after seeing that.

AWESOME prop!!

great job!..

Im a little confused on an old post where you say 'everything is laser engraved'?

What parts?

What this a kit? (sorry if I missed it)... (curious if you & ow those clear 3D parts were made?)

thanks!!

nice step outside the 'norm' props usually!

Yeah all the the parts minus the screws, leds and the center ball were laser cut on an engraver out of acrylic. The grip texture was also laser engraved.
-Todd

what did you end up using for the center ball? x-mas ornament/globe?

nice pieces you cut out! I have never seen 'rounded' acrylic like that before, only flat pieces..etc being laser cut. :)

I used a plastic ornament ball I ordered online. The acrylic was flat when it was cut and then I heated it in the oven and then formed it around a glass ornament ball that was the same size as the plastic one.
-Todd

Would you mind sharing the files you used? :)

I have a laser cutter and would like to take a crack at it..

what thickness was the orange acrylic used for the shaping/outside?

So sorry I haven't seen this thread earlier! For anyone still thinking about making a pumpkin bomb,visit the thread "JFCustom foam files"; scroll down,and between the Stargate helmet prop and the Christmas tree you will find a pdo file for a pumpkin (no joke).
Great result of hard work,AZ Spidey! Identical to the movie prop - Kudos:thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back