Definitive Clockwork Orange Costume

Cheers!
Here's a close up showing the mask and cuffs better

006-5.jpg

I'm still hopeful for a photoshoot using the existing original movie locations in the next couple of weeks.

Thats suberb!! I;d love to buy a Maskie from you, if you made a couple please. Just starting my Alex costume now - I have the Bowler and boots hahha:lol. Did you use cricket pants with buttons to attach the braces?
Please tell me if you have a Maskie for sale and where you puchased the cane from? was it ebay?
thanks , Kind regards Larry
Larrymur@au1.ibm.com
Lmurphy69@aapt.net.au

Anyone have any idea as to the make and model of the bowler worn by Malcolm McDowell? To my eye it looks like an Equestrian model. While those are made today by Christy's and James Lock, I am not aware of anyone that makes them with that knife-edge brim, which suggests to me that McDowell was wearing a vintage hat from the 50s or early 60s. Your help is much appreciated.

Just wanted to show off MY attempt at an Alex costume! Me and my lady were a HUGE success at the parties we went to. I just want to give special thanks to NoTsOsErIoUs for sharing his tips and tricks with me. And now? On to the pics!

100_1915.jpg

Alex2.jpg

Excellent platties my little droogs! Makes me viddy young Alex in my gulliver

Incidently, the groin guard looks very much like a dated version of one I own from my muay thai days. I will try and dig it out and upload a pic for reference in the next few days

Excellent platties my little droogs! Makes me viddy young Alex in my gulliver

Incidently, the groin guard looks very much like a dated version of one I own from my muay thai days. I will try and dig it out and upload a pic for reference in the next few days

I believe that NoTsOsErIoUs's codpiece was fashioned from a Tae Kwon Do groin protector that he recovered with the proper fabric. The seller of the groin protector wouldn't ship out of the UK so I had to make mine from scratch with a bit of bed foam and a large pair of ladies undies.

Oh nice work FakeBritishAccent! I'm loving the Britva, did you use Bamboo? Good thinking.

As for the Hat used in the film, I've been doing a little research. The only time in inside of the hat is seen is when it topples from Alex's head during the fight scene with Billyboy and his droogs.
The lining appears to be red with a wider leather headband and what appears to be a drawstring. This would definitely make it a hard shelled riding hat.
The red lining narrows down the maker considerably.
To my limited knowlege red lined hard shelled riding hats were made by:

G A Dunn & Co (but they don't include the wide leather drawstring head band)

Christy's of London (the brim on these dosen't look right for the part, but not sure on vintage examples. Again no wide leather headband)

Harry Hall (from the vintage examples I've seen these look to be the closest, ticking all the boxes. If I had to say, I'd say this is the one).

If anyone else with more knowlege of Bowlers would like to chime in, feel free.

Awesome job! Just saw The Adicts in Dallas courtesy of Wuhrer. Glad I revisited this thread.

Real horrorshow.

Doc

Great job NoTsOsErIoUs and FakeBritishAccent, Hey by the way where did you get the Hazel stick NoTsOsErIoUs?

Thanks

The codpeice is finally taking shape.

ClockworkCod.jpg

Hey there!

Great costume... I was wondering if you have anymore detailed pics of the codpiece build? I'm putting one together in the next few days and any help would be really appreciated. I'm basing it on the same Ampro Abdo Guard that you used, any advice on materials used and construction would be great :)

Thanks
Matt

Did a little more work on the costume.
Added a new shirt, needle cord with a three button cuff.
New hat with a thinner brim.
Lightened the cod-piece (need to give it another going over with the spray).
Got a new stick a little more accurate than the last.

5796206698_c09cf4a702_o-Copy.jpg

Will try an get some pics of the back of the cod-piece up. Busy working on new costumes at the mo.

@ NoTsOsErIoUs

hi i liked your clockwork orange codpiece and i was wondering if you would sell it to me?

or perhaps you could make me one and i can pay you whatever you think its worth

let me know cheers

Thanks for the comments. Not for sale I'm afraid, and I'm too swamped with other stuff to think about making others.
Why not give it a go yourself? Have a look for a descent boxing groin protector that you think conforms to the shape and then just cover it in a suitable material. I used the back of a leather hide, but you may find a suadette fabric easier to work with.
I needed to lighten the colour of the leather nap so I just used Magix colour spray. I think it goes by a different trade name in the states (Meltonian or Nu-life).

Great news!

Our friend Art, talked to Malcolm this weekend and he asked specifically about the Cod-piece. Malcolm said it was hard rubber covered in fabric.

Yes, not a great deal of information but it more than we had before!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back