Supernatural Colt found!

Maelstrom

Sr Member
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I did search a good while on here and couldn't find anything about it.

After a good amount of searching on here and online I believe that the Colt used on the show Supernatural is made by Pietta...

Paterson_02_big.jpg

This is the only one I have been able to find that has bot the scroll work and the double silver rings in what appears to be the right placement on the barrel. If this has been posted before, my apologies. But if anyone else here knows some additional info I would greatly appreciate it.

I have been on a bit of a Supernatural binge lately, rewatching all the seasons since 4 came out on DVD.:thumbsup

Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited:
Re: Supernatural Colt found?

The engravings and the other details look VERY similar to me...:)
The only things missing are the pentacle on the grips and the text "non timeba mala" on the barrel;)

The engravings and the other details look VERY similar to me...:)
The only things missing are the pentacle on the grips and the text "non timeba mala" on the barrel;)

I assume the pentacle would have been added by the prop dept. The text I actually didn't know about. Did I miss this in one of the shows? Is there a screengrab floating out there?

Also...what does the text translate to?

Thanks!

EDIT: Fear no Evils. Nevermind

Last edited:

The cylinder was converted to fire cartridges. That setup is cap and ball. But it certainly looks like the base gun!

Also...magpie9

Do you have a larger image of your avatar readily available? It appears to be being held at an angle very close to the pic I found.

Thanks!

The cylinder was converted to fire cartridges. That setup is cap and ball. But it certainly looks like the base gun!

I actually read a bit of info online about the conversion process for the Paterson online. Apparently it's not done all that often due to the Paterson being fairly fragile as a weapon.

After a little more digging this is apparently a deluxe version of the Paterson made by Pietta.

Couldn't find much about them, but apparently the number of silver bands on the gun (such as the ones around the barrel and the chamber) have a meaning. Any gun guys out there know about this?

Also found some snippets about the Supernatural propmaster Chris Cooper finding the replica Paterson at a Las Vegas gun show.

Ramiel, do you think you would be able to get any insight on this company being in Italy and all? I assume the wording in the pic in my 1st post is an email address.

Quite positive that that IS the gun they used,
I suppose that they just made the engravings "deeper" (visually speaking) and the custom pentagram/text on the barrel...
This should be a close-up of the cock lever
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3267/3122509053_96730dac32_o.jpg
And a quick look of the gun itself
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8844/supernatural120446nt7.jpg
I think we have a winner:)

I found your 1st pic earlier today, but it was much smaller so thanks for posting that! It almost looks like its not engraved at all, but drawn on or some type of dry transfer, but I don't have much exp. with guns.

Very nice!

Do they sell them?

Haven't found much in the way of sales. I've seen some of the Pietta replicas in the same general timeline (cap & ball revolvers) go for around 200-300. But from what I've seen this gun was around the 600 mark on some sites, but it WAS NOT the deluxe version as shown in the 1st post.

Uberti also made a replica of the base Paterson w/o the load lever (yes, there are 2 versions of the Paterson so if your searching a picless site pay attention...took me a while to catch on to that!:lol), but from what I've found Uberti discontinued production of the Paterson somewhere in around 2004.

That's why I'm really hoping that Ramiel can get in contact with Pietta and find out some info.

YOU WOULD BE MY HERO :)

Very nice work!!! Looking at Pietta's catalog the Super deluxe is still available. But in the limited searching I have done I have not seen one.

I can try to find some info...:)

Any question you want to ask?:)

Just to see if either version is still produced and what the pricing is on both if they are still available. I know Uberti stopped their replica production of it.

THANKS RAMIEL!!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back