OdiWan72´s prop family

It's a great display. Shelfs look good. I like how you blended in the Taun Taun and good lighting.

It would look very clean and high end if you removed the helmets, gaffi stick, and rifles from the top.

BTW - what Taun Taun is that? Who makes it?

That´s the 1:6 Sideshow TaunTaun with Luke in Hoth gear :)

Removing the helmet from the top of the cabinets would surely result in a cleaner look, but it is out of question due to limited display space :(

Small update...

My situation has not changed much and I am still limited to buying/ collecting stuff, instead of actually DOING anything with it :(
BUT that does not take away the joy and satisfaction from receiving new items...Let´s just say...last week felt like christmas :D

Special thanks to dday and mugatu for helping me with getting my hands on many of these additions...you rock gentlemen :cool

Here´s a pic of the biggest box I received last week...shall we have a look inside? ;)

Hmmmm, packing materials...wrappring each and every part individually (thanks Andy :))

Here is a picture of the main contents laid out (plus some addtl. ones I received separately)

Wonder what the -still- packed contents are? Here is a full list of what I received...

Kenner Sandcrawler
Kenner Imperial Cruiser
Kenner TwinPod Cloudcar
Kenner R/C R2D2
Hot Toys Luke ANH
Enfield grenade launcher cup
Compac 4x32
Vintage audio plugs (for BC)
Tandy leather buckles
Anakin Starkiller V2
BobaDebt DL44 blaster kit lot
3 x M3 flashhider
Casio MQ1
Roys MPP Shrouds (2x) and E-11 track
Seagull camera
Neoca 35K camera (not shown)
a large bag of real Transcriptor parts

Can you guess, that I am a VERY happy nerd right now :cool ?!

Thx for looking

Last edited:
I like the Kenner line, I have first 21 and a few randoms. Theres a store down the street from me that has a nice selection of Kenner stuff, mostly in the boxes. I bought most of my figures there a few at a time. Right now he has an ESB or ROTJ Millenium Falcon (he used to have both, one sold), the rc R2 and a few other items. He buys up collections, takes what he wants then sells the rest. He doesn't put new stuff out as often as he could, I think he spends most of his time in the back of the store playing with them.

If you're looking for something and can't find it shoot me a PM. He rarely lists the Kenner stuff on his eBay store, you have to go in.

Thanks for the kind offer, but I have made good contact with a few vendors myself (here in Germany).
In addition to that, the RC R2D2 and the Sandcrawler are pretty much the last items I was missing from my collection of loose kenner SW toys and were SO much cheaper in the USA than here in germany. The pod, cruiser etc. are just upgrades to my existing collection and will replace items in less good condition. :)

Funny to find myself in a position, where I just wanted to display my old -existing- toys first and now find joy in buying/ upgrading this collection as well...INSTEAD of focussing on props :lol

I hate being a completist (sp?) ;)

I like the Kenner line, I have first 21 and a few randoms. Theres a store down the street from me that has a nice selection of Kenner stuff, mostly in the boxes. I bought most of my figures there a few at a time. Right now he has an ESB or ROTJ Millenium Falcon (he used to have both, one sold), the rc R2 and a few other items. He buys up collections, takes what he wants then sells the rest. He doesn't put new stuff out as often as he could, I think he spends most of his time in the back of the store playing with them.

If you're looking for something and can't find it shoot me a PM. He rarely lists the Kenner stuff on his eBay store, you have to go in.

I sold all my Kenner stuff years ago. All I kept is the first released X-Wing.

But I feel Enfield cup envy. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I kept the first Han Solo blaster. :)

The Kenner Line was the best one ever.I would be so happy to own all my old stuff from my childhood again.:cry

I sold all my Kenner stuff years ago. All I kept is the first released X-Wing.

But I feel Enfield cup envy. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I kept the first Han Solo blaster. :)

Once I put this new cup onto my Enfield, I´ll be having a VERY nice replica up FS :cool
Should happen in the "near" future...about 1-5 years from now :lol

1-5 ....... not sure if I will be ready to start a new build so soon. :)
Stuff is piling up on my bench in a way my wife starts to ask if intend to build anything or go to hoard it only.

Next coming is my sixth Paterson. And again another singlepoint scope. For the pile. :)

Funny to find myself in a position, where I just wanted to display my old -existing- toys first and now find joy in buying/ upgrading this collection as well...INSTEAD of focussing on props :lol

I hate being a completist (sp?) ;)

I can see someone buying vintage 12" SW figs in the future. And other vintage stuff :p

Small update...

My situation has not changed much and I am still limited to buying/ collecting stuff, instead of actually DOING anything with it :(
BUT that does not take away the joy and satisfaction from receiving new items...Let´s just say...last week felt like christmas :D

Special thanks to dday and mugatu for helping me with getting my hands on many of these additions...you rock gentlemen :cool

Here´s a pic of the biggest box I received last week...shall we have a look inside? ;)
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/...F-15D7-4CD1-BC3B-BB127E73DB21_zpsavn7zvnq.jpg

Hmmmm, packing materials...wrappring each and every part individually (thanks Andy :))
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/...F-8F40-447A-BC6A-216B08CF9622_zpswzgcce6x.jpg

Here is a picture of the main contents laid out (plus some addtl. ones I received separately)
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/...6-F3D6-4446-8F00-7CB2C41879B0_zps7kaoywu1.jpg

Wonder what the -still- packed contents are? Here is a full list of what I received...

Kenner Sandcrawler
Kenner Imperial Cruiser
Kenner TwinPod Cloudcar
Kenner R/C R2D2
Hot Toys Luke ANH
Enfield grenade launcher cup
Compac 4x32
Vintage audio plugs (for BC)
Tandy leather buckles
Anakin Starkiller V2
BobaDebt DL44 blaster kit lot
3 x M3 flashhider
Casio MQ1
Roys MPP Shrouds (2x) and E-11 track
Seagull camera
Neoca 35K camera (not shown)
a large bag of real Transcriptor parts

Can you guess, that I am a VERY happy nerd right now :cool ?!

Thx for looking

:D

widescr.jpg

While I am still limited to collecting, instead of actually building stuff, I was able to dig through some boxes yesterday and "found" these (I knew I had a few left after all my builds, but not exactly how many). These are what´s left AFTER all my recent projects. :cool

Speaking of not having time to build anything...well, I finally was able to squeeze in at least a few hours of propping time. I love my desktop looking like a mess :)

Was able to make some good progress on...
- Hans Hoth DL44
- Hans Bespin DL44
- Lukes Bespin DL44

...since i had the base guns prepared already. Will post some pictures of the results soon!

Not sure about the BD parts.

I know they had to be cnc machined to get the needed numbers, but for me the originals are obvisiously "handmade" one offs - so i would have prefered to see you making them on your own from the latest info.

They are good, and i wouldn´t mind to use them on a Denix, nice set. But with a MGC and a real scope ...... i´m missing the extra "spark" that a handmade with it´s small "not perfectly machined details" may/should show.

Same problem as with the machined GK scopemounts - i had some collectors sending me their stuff to overwork them to give them the handmade touch. Slighest details, that really only show in closeups, but still change the appearance from mass product to handmade like on screen.

Hard to explain.

Not sure about the BD parts.

I know they had to be cnc machined to get the needed numbers, but for me the originals are obvisiously "handmade" one offs - so i would have prefered to see you making them on your own from the latest info.

They are good, and i wouldn´t mind to use them on a Denix, nice set. But with a MGC and a real scope ...... i´m missing the extra "spark" that a handmade with it´s small "not perfectly machined details" may/should show.

Same problem as with the machined GK scopemounts - i had some collectors sending me their stuff to overwork them to give them the handmade touch. Slighest details, that really only show in closeups, but still change the appearance from mass product to handmade like on screen.

Hard to explain.

I understand all too well.
I had to "tweak" the Bespin mounts quite a bit, but they´re still not quite right (the lower edge is rounded instead of a clean 90° angle).
The Hoth mount was used as it is, but with my real TD124 disc instead of the repro one PLUS I used my existing flashhider!!! The BD just did not look right.

BTW: I´ll be having a Hoth DL44 kit up FS soon :cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back