OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: UPDATE-New blaster family members

Those AR-7 based blasters turned out GREAT!:thumbsup

Honest- those are the best I've seen yet.

As for removing the LEAD mortar fin from the brass cup,
I had tried drilling out the screw but no go.

Then I cut the fin off at the cup in an attempt to drill it out-
but no go.

SOOO

Off the the machine shop where they tried to put it on mill or something.
When the machine made contact w/ the LEAD fin insert, it just unscrewed & fell out! Seems the screw on the side was holding it in place, but by no means known to mortal men, could any of us figure out how to "unstick" the 60 year old pieces of metal. Just needed that extra force to get it out.

Just got that piece back about a month ago, so next thing is to figure out where to cut the replica barrel I had machined in aluminum (not going to cut up a perfectly good barrel!) and seal the LEAD mortar fin w/ clearcoat so I don't absorb any more heavy metals :lol

Your "Republic Commando heavy repeating blaster" looks a bit out of place for the Star Wars Universe, IMHO.

NOT to criticize the replica you made from those CGI files (VERY GOOD) but it seems more Mad Max or Doomsday in design to me.

I suppose when you run out of energy you just stab the bad guys w/ the giant bayonet:lol

PS: Always nice to see your collection- wish I had the means to travel to Germany to view them in person. Maybe one day- keep up the good work!

Thanks guys :)

Hey Mike...good to see that you were FINALLY able to get thins damn fin off your mortar bomb. Was a royal PITA, right ? :lol

I totally agree reg. the RC blaster, but trooper armor with a blood paintscheme (aka SEVV) is not typical for the SW univers either, so I can live with that ;)
It´s for trooping purposes only and not meant to be displayed side by side to my other stuff :rolleyes

How´s your Han ANH hero blaster coming along?

Markus

Amazing collection Markus , what i want to know is there any you dont have !!

Quite a few!!! Be it that I sold my "old" version with the intention of adding a new, improved blaster to my collection and/ or because I simply haven´t built it yet.

Missing OT:
- Han ROTJ 1, 2 and stembridge version
- Zuckuss blaster
- Lando general blaster
- Jawa -alternate- blaster
- Greedo blaster
- Bossk gun
- MerrSonn 1+2

PLUS all the blasters I already have, but which are being reworked/ upgraded at the moment.

I also collect parts for the so called "Pizza hut blaster" and I´m still working on my Aurra sing pistols. Not much interested in any other PT weapons right now.

Markus

Re: ShowOff-New blaster family members

blasterwall090926.jpg

OH my lord, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this and believe me with the work I do I've seen a LOT.

Certainly the most impressive display. My sincerest congratulations and thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Thanks again :$

The "blaster wall" was born out of my need for display space, but went from *ohhh* to *ugh* very fast after putting more and more blasters on it :wacko

Right now I´m thinking about a way to re-arrange the panels, so it doesn´t look that over-crowded.
Maybe I´ll have to put a few more blasters in my glass cabinets, we´ll see...

Markus

I also collect parts for the so called "Pizza hut blaster" and I´m still working on my Aurra sing pistols. Not much interested in any other PT weapons right now.

Markus

You mean besides the Captain Typho blaster, right ? The "zombie project" ...

You mean besides the Captain Typho blaster, right ? The "zombie project" ...

Riiight!!!
I totally forgot this one...

MAINLY because YOU didn´t gave me permission to work on my cast.
Otherwise we´d have something in hand already :)

So, how´s the status Michael? :cool

Markus

Long time no updates ;)

Here are some of my recent additions/ WIP´s :cool

IG88 blaster rifle
Still missing the front section/ muzzle (waiting for machinist to come through)...
WIPIG881.jpg

WIPIG882.jpg

WIPIG883.jpg

Type99 MG based stormtrooper blaster
Still awaiting detailing and weathering...
type99-4.jpg

BobaFett -pre pro- sling guns
Clean and weathered version, still awaiting the machined "spikes" underneath the barrels.
slingguns1.jpg

slingguns2.jpg

Enjoy,

Markus :cool

Markus, your blasters always make me smile (along with making me feel very jealous :lol)

Thanks for sharing the new stuff!

Thanks guys :)

Michael...hope you put new pants on by now :lol

Don´t have that much time to work on props at the moment.
In addition to that I´m still trying to proceed with my HOTH binocs (have 14 body casts ready, but STILL missing most of the add on parts).

Hoping for the winter time = propping time :love

Markus

Damn...
I just realized that I didn´t post anything to feast your eyes on for more than a year!?
This HAS TO BE changed :lol

First is a pic of a new Endor rifle I´m working on. It´s the version as seen in the SW visual dictionary, based on a MGC M16 with aluminium barrels and mostly real Jackal parts...still a WIP but you get the idea ;)
Have another one still in parts, which I´ll build up as the version as seen on POSW...pics later, when I proceed...

EndorWIP.jpg

The other 2 pics are from when I decided to organize my workshop and "found" a box full of sterling parts. I KNEW I have quite a bit of stuff, but the result even suprised me :D
Already restored the MGC and one of the L2A3 and put these in my glass cabinet :)

STERLING GALORE, BABY!!!!
L2A3galore1.jpg

L2A3galore2.jpg

More to come,

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back