OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: ShowOff-New blaster family members

Wow Markus, I would have never thought that you have such an impressive Blaster collection! :eek

And all look like very clean builds. I guess you can call yourself easily the

MASTER OF BLASTERS :)

Thomas

Dang, if I had known that such an important project was waiting to be finished I´d have postponed that "meeting" on saturday :lol

Folks, I know what the big guy is up to, as usual a masterpiece and to be envied by a lot of folks, across the pond, probably mostly by a few across the channel ...

Great new addition, maybe I´ll be able to add something to that before years end ? ;)

First of all it isn´t going to be a masterpiece, just something I had on the backburner for a while now. Hope to sport it for Jedicon 2010, along with my RC costume.

And second...no way that I would have missed your special day last weekend.

I´d be very suprised AND happy to see your comeback to prop-building my friend!

Markus

Last edited:

I assume you have no interest in the PT? Your blasters are stunning. The Zuckuss is one of my faves, and the Bossk is also amazing. I'd love to see you get those bad boys on your gun rack!

I assume you have no interest in the PT? Your blasters are stunning. The Zuckuss is one of my faves, and the Bossk is also amazing. I'd love to see you get those bad boys on your gun rack!

I HAVE interest in PT props, but only a few such as
- sabers from the main characters,
- pretty much the whole line of Naboo pistols (Heavy blaster, Naboo blaster 1 +2 and the so called Pizza Hut blaster in the works)
- Zam pistol and rifle
- MR Jango blasters

That´s it for PT IIRC.

The Zuckuss is a long time favourite, but as I stated before only a few good reference pics exist. PLUS I´m a nightmare when it comes to scetch parts and do measurements :lol

The Webley/ Schermuly Bossk rifle is another one of my favourites!
I was close to buy a pistol version of the Schermuly from a european gun-collector, but he stopped communicating at one time...:cry
Someday I´ll try to scratchbuild it (actually I´m already figuring out the details of this project :love)

Markus

Last edited:

And for the 3 people, who are interested in Republic Commando...

Here´s what I´m trying to build as a nice addition to my SEVV costume.
Hope to sport it next year to JediCon 2010 in Germany, but it´s going to be a nightmare to troop with.

No pics of my build as of yet, since I´m swamped with work (had hoped to finish it within the next days), but for a teaser...check out the game files of the so-called HEAVY REPEATER BLASTER:

rc_customblaster.jpg

Markus

I just replayed the game and had that gun. I started thinking about what it would take to build it. I may go with the Clonetrooper rotary blaster though. I think one of the RC's (Corr?) used the clone version in one of the RC books.

I just replayed the game and had that gun. I started thinking about what it would take to build it. I may go with the Clonetrooper rotary blaster though. I think one of the RC's (Corr?) used the clone version in one of the RC books.

Do you have pics of the rotary blaster?
Back the days I built a DC17 to go with my costume, but always wanted to have something...well, BIGGER :cool

I´ll be having a few days off next, so I should manage to finish it then...meeting a -prop-related- deadline has never been one of my strengths :lol

Markus

You into the Aurra Sing pistol at all? That's probably my favorite PT blaster. A guy here did a sweet resin one I almost picked up but couldn't. :(

Some of the PT blasters are odd. What the hell was that speculum thing Bail was holding in ROTS?!

You into the Aurra Sing pistol at all? That's probably my favorite PT blaster. A guy here did a sweet resin one I almost picked up but couldn't. :(

Some of the PT blasters are odd. What the hell was that speculum thing Bail was holding in ROTS?!

Now that you mention it...I have a pair of these Aurra Sing blasters, but totally forgot about them :lol

I started to clean them up, but while I´m sure they make a nice display item, once finished, I think of them being too small :$
That´s why I put them on the backburner...for now ;)

Markus

Do you have pics of the rotary blaster?
Back the days I built a DC17 to go with my costume, but always wanted to have something...well, BIGGER :cool
Markus

It's basically just a laser firing minigun: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Z-6_rotary_blaster_cannon I'm going to get some better pictures, hopefully, when I can get screenshots from the Clone Wars DVD next month.

I'm still debating on whether to build a DC17 or buy one that's already built. I may build it because I haven't seen any for sale, that are 100% correct.

It's basically just a laser firing minigun: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Z-6_rotary_blaster_cannon I'm going to get some better pictures, hopefully, when I can get screenshots from the Clone Wars DVD next month.

I'm still debating on whether to build a DC17 or buy one that's already built. I may build it because I haven't seen any for sale, that are 100% correct.

Member Redkraytdragon built a DC17 which is pretty much dead-on!
He also is the one who scratchbuilt the Aurra Sing blasters.
Don´t know if he ever managed to mold his DC17...could be worth a PM ;)

The minigun is niiiice :cool
Problem is, that it doesn´t fit "my" vision of the SW universe, so I went with the heavy repeater. I´m soooo looking forward to next week, when I´ll have the time to finish it :)

Markus

Member Redkraytdragon built a DC17 which is pretty much dead-on!
He also is the one who scratchbuilt the Aurra Sing blasters.
Don´t know if he ever managed to mold his DC17...could be worth a PM ;)

Markus

Yeah his was the only one I thought was correct. I saved his pics for reference. :)

I've seen aurra sing pistols for sale over on clone-empire.com but it was a few months ago. Looked really good.

I've seen aurra sing pistols for sale over on clone-empire.com but it was a few months ago. Looked really good.

These are the same kit we´re talking about...resin casts made by redkraytdragon.

Like I said, great for the money, but a lot of work to clean up and a tad too small IMHO (but I have BIG hands, so I might be mistaken :))

Markus

ere we go...I think it is about time to post some WIP pics of the rebublic commando "heavy repeating blaster". Not a 100% recreation of this BFG, but my interpretation of it ;)

The gun is completely scratchbuilt around a -still functional- AEG airsoft.
Sideplates are handcut from aluminium.

Still have to do some painting and weathering, as well as fnishing the "counter" on top. I plan to have it backlit with el-sheet. Still have to do the grafics :wacko

Comments welcome :)

scratchbuilt-RCHRB.jpg

After I finished this BFG, I´ll be able to proceed to my next project :cool(the IG88 blaster is still on hold :unsure)

Markus

Re: UPDATE-New blaster family members

Did you ever watch the concept videos on the game disc? It said the Trando weapons had built in fire extinguishers because they catch fire easily. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back