A Nightmare on Elm Street Remake Glove

D

Detale78

This just arrived from Custom craft. Freddy remake glove. This thing is truley a work of art and something about it in my opinion makes it almost more menacing than the original one. Looking forward to the new film as well Jackie looks like a great replacement for Robert...there both psychos....

Sorry for the bad pictures will take better pictures in the day light.

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

Unsure if the new glove is cut revealing the palm of the hand and fingers since no pictures are available as of yet. This glove was based of off the teaser poster. Owen did a fantastic job on it, 100% accurate or not (we are yet to see) it is still an awesome glove at a great price. :thumbsup

Cool piece!

I'm trying to warm up to the sloppy blade welds. I mean, I know it what's seen on the movie poster and all.

It's just if Freddy had the skill to sit down and engineer the glove in the first place, I think he could've done a little better than that splatter weld.

I do like the design of the new glove. Good job replicating it too!

Last edited:
How would Freddy have accomplished the closed forefingers? That would be a tricky one!

Yeah thats a good question... the closed forefingers is actually one of my favorite parts to this glove. Upon close inspection of this glove I still don't know even how Owen managed to pull this off. Its not just a top and bottom shell welded together...which would be the only way I see pulling this off. I will take better pictures in a few hours when the sun rises.

Is the metal thinner toward the tip of the fingers? Was a sheet heated and pulled over a form? I don't even know if that'd work, but...

Here are some better pictures taken this morning:

100_1754.jpg

100_1755.jpg

100_1756.jpg

100_1757.jpg

100_1758.jpg

100_1759.jpg

100_1760.jpg

100_1761.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta say I really like the sloppy welds. Adds character.

Pretty sweet new version of the glove, not too far removed from the original, just a few subtle changes.

Real nice. :)

There is no way the new glove could ever beat the nostolgia of the original, but it is a much better design as far as I can tell. I'm just not too thrilled they're remaking it to begin with.

Nice Glove man! Who made it and how can I get one :) Love the look of the new glove, I am a huge fan of the original series but I have to say I like the new glove better.

i like the skeletal look the top of the glove has vs. the copper plate, but the work that would've gone into doming the finger tips, would the maker (freddy in the movie), go sloppy with the soldering when the blades look so clean and you've meticulously cut the copper skeletal frames for the top of the glove?

any idea what the blades are supposed to be based off of (knife wise)?

otherwise, this glove looks 'stronger' in concept vs. the original glove imho. more heft/strength for slashing from the domed finger tips (sort of remind me of big daddys from bio shock).

The tips of the fingers where probably just copper sheet that was hammered into a semicircle shaped die, then soldered onto the other part.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back