Ghostsoldier's Snape Build v.1 (Pic intensive!)

Hate to be a wet blanket here, but it is against RPF policy for members to do trade in recast merchandise.

Oops....my bad. Link removed. :$

If you're going to go to all that trouble to custom-make the costume, make yourself a wand. You'll feel good about it.

RRR

And you are correct about making your own wand, Rick; it's a better feeling when you can say you made it yourself. :thumbsup

I plan on doing so in the future....I just needed one in a hurry, so I opted for a cheap recast.

Rob

It takes the semi-gloss black paint well...

S6307586.jpg

Rob

Here's my pants so far that I've made to go with the jacket. On Monday I will hopefully have taken pics of them on a friend who will 'model' for it hehehe....so long as the customer says it's ok which I'm pretty sure he will. There's still a couple of little things that need to be finished, like a buckle on the back straps and suspender buttons on the waistband but other than that they're all done.
fullpants.jpg

pantsbuttonfly.jpg

pantsback.jpg

pantsouterleg.jpg

pantsinnerleg.jpg

Thanks11 ---sigh my keyboard is messed up so I can't use my shift keys which means no exclamation marks lol so just pretend with the 1's----

I was supposed to do the pics today but unfortunately my friend had something come up so I think we're going to bump it for either tomorrow or wed...probably wed. Buuuuut the good news for that is I have to make a snape robe for another customer so I think I'll try and get that done today so I can put it with my jacket and pants and make a complete set hehehe.

And I did indeed use the Laughing moon pattern and only altered the bottom part of the pants and had to tailor it a bit in the legs. I love that pant pattern....I use it for almost any period male costume I have to do lol. Sweeney, Mad Hatter and now Snape.

Yowza! Those are awesome! :thumbsup

I can't wait to see them on the 'model'....did you say you used the Laughing Moon pattern?

Rob

Eve...I was checking out your girl Snape costume in your photos...as Darth Vader would say, "Impressive.....most impressive." :thumbsup

Rob

OMG...thosearefrikkin'awesome, Eve! :eek :thumbsup

You are indeed a Goddess of the Seam....I wished I was your lucky client! :D

I can't wait until you're done to see the final product! :thumbsup

Rob

Hey bro, this is an amazing build thread!
I can't imagine (well, I can, but I'm not going to) sewing the costume myself! And I sew! :cool

Great reference pics too!
Can't wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup

Oh... one question... can you do the voice? ;)

OMG...thosearefrikkin'awesome, Eve! :eek :thumbsup

You are indeed a Goddess of the Seam....I wished I was your lucky client! :D

I can't wait until you're done to see the final product! :thumbsup

Rob

Thanks! I actually am finished with the costume. I'm cleaning up and packing away the jacket and pants right now to be shipped....finally lol. I made my own thread so I could post all my pics that I liked without clogging up this one to much so if you want to see more detail pics etc go here:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-finished-prof-snape-costume-pic-heavy-118709/

Hey bro, this is an amazing build thread!
I can't imagine (well, I can, but I'm not going to) sewing the costume myself! And I sew! :cool

Great reference pics too!
Can't wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup

Oh... one question... can you do the voice? ;)

Thanks, TK! Yeah, I sew a lot too (my guy friends think I'm a sissified kook because I own my own Singer sewing machine, lol), but as of to-date, nothing of this voluminous scope...I hope I can survive it! :eek

I'm busting my hump getting props and costumes ready for C6 here in Orlando (again) next year, so I'm not getting to put much time into my Half-Blood Prince costume as I would like...too many irons in the fire, not enough time! Although, I never get tired of seeing what other folks are doing as Snape!

Good lord...I've been practicing The Voice for a while now, mostly in the car on the way to work, but I don't have any recordings of my attempts...I'm not that brave, yet! :D

Thanks! I actually am finished with the costume. I'm cleaning up and packing away the jacket and pants right now to be shipped....finally lol. I made my own thread so I could post all my pics that I liked without clogging up this one to much so if you want to see more detail pics etc go here:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-finished-prof-snape-costume-pic-heavy-118709/

Woot! I LOVE your new thread, Eve! Consider it...BOOKMARKED! :thumbsup

Rob

I love my girl snape coat lol! It makes an awesome everyday coat too! I hope my pics are able to help you out with your build as much as your thread helped me out with mine! Seriously all those detail photos and discussions made it so that I did everything right the first time! Awesome thread!

Eve...I was checking out your girl Snape costume in your photos...as Darth Vader would say, "Impressive.....most impressive." :thumbsup

Rob

Woot! I LOVE your new thread, Eve! Consider it...BOOKMARKED! :thumbsup

Rob

It's so bad I don't do crossdressing. I love snape's character. I would love to play the man, however... I can't. Female snape feels...wrong in a way. Or I'd creat a fictional girlfriend for the man :')

It's so bad I don't do crossdressing. I love snape's character. I would love to play the man, however... I can't. Female snape feels...wrong in a way. Or I'd creat a fictional girlfriend for the man :')
I dunno, I did female/cross-dressing Snape, and I got loads of compliments at Dragon*Con this year. No a single person said anything about my gender. In fact, pretty much everyone I spoke to told me thay I made a very good "young Severus." :$

My only issue is that I'm not very tall... only 5'7", so I cheated a bit by wearing boots with large chunky heels... luckily for me they're not very obvious because of the voluminous robes. ;)

This was my take on it. There are some obvious errors on my part so it's not 100% "screen accurate" (but hey, he's also a book character!)... the er, sleeves of the jacket aren't 100% accurate (they do not flair at the cuffs >_<) and the robe lacks the pointed fork tail in the back and the pleats in the back are simple gathers, not cartridge pleats, since I could not acquire the amount of fabric necessary to reproduce them. o_o

I may try to re-do the sleeves and fix the fork one day...

But I did my best! Still noticeable as Snape I'd say!

My fav "Snape face" lololololol

Okay, that's enough spams from me.... :behave

I have to say, Manji...you make an excellent cross-gender Snape!

The costume looks fabulous....it's definitely in the spirit of Rickman's character! :thumbsup

Rob

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back