My "visit to Walt Disney Studios archives" blog (V.I.N.C.E.N.T., Rocketeer)

Re: My "visit to Walt Disney Studios archives" blog

awesome man, wish I could have been on that trip to the disney archives, how did you set up all those visits to see those privately owned screen used props?

Not a Power Ranger fan but seeing all that in one place must have been mind blowing ! Great trip and thanks for blogging it !

Heh, "Go watch High School Musical."

That was VERY cool seeing an actual V.I.N.C.E.N.T. I liked that movie as a kid and had the action figure back in the day. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Those are some awesome pics, looks like you had a great time. The Narnia wardrobe prop and statue is amazing

Is this open to the public or only to people with connections? Very cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

i may be wrong but I think he got to go to the Disney Archives because he is a member of D23, disney's first official fan club and they had a special day where they let members come in for a "once in a lifetime" chance to see the archives

awesome man, wish I could have been on that trip to the disney archives, how did you set up all those visits to see those privately owned screen used props?

After being in the prop game for over 10 years, I've developed some interesting friendships with access to really cool stuff. If ONLY I lived in LA.

I didn't get to see all the shops I was supposed to see in one day, so I will be back, later in the year.

And, no, the archives aren't open to the public. I have a friend who works at the studio. One has to be cleared and you can only get inside certain areas with a keycard, which my friend has.

Not photographed were the Zorro costume/sword, a full Rocketeer costume, props from the Princess diary, and tons of random stuff.

Funny thing is the archive lady said she gets random calls from people (replicators) asking for dimensions of certain props and costumes. Don't do that. They won't disclose that information.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back