Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale Update Sept. 05/09

Speechless......:eek:eek:eek

Incredible, beautiful, and i want it bad!!!

Rich

I just fell off my chair, I didn't even realize I was at down! This is stunning work Scratchy

clancampbell and Guy Cowen, thanks for the kind words

I finished the first structure and I utilized some earth magnets to keep it secured to the top of the hull, I'll need to add another for one corner. I'll be using magnets for all the structures that will be removable so that I can get to the electrical in the future.
IMG_4079.jpg

It fits pretty good, I'll add some .010 styrene strips to the walls to hide what seams are visible later on.
IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

I did some work to the "Neck". I made one version, but I wasn't satisfied, so I made another. Monsieur Tox was kind enough to send me the measurements for the neck, thanks again Julien!
IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

I also made a template for the shield domes and scratched up a "third" shield dome.... they say "three's a charm" so this is the third and FINAL DOME! (these things are driving me insane:cry)
IMG_4129.jpg

I picked up some mold making material, and I'll get these casted.....

I believe that there is a primer on the market which seals up small holes, I could be wrong on this. However, can anybody supply some additional information on this. I'll need it prior to the casting of the domes.

Thanks for following along,

scratchy

You scratchbuilt those domes? man, you are insane!

and I mean that is the best possible way.

This is a great build and only seems to get better with every update.

Thanks knightdriver2001, the first dome that I made was a little more involved with the pieces, then the other one was less tedious, but the third went by fast. I still have to touch it up with some epoxy putty in some areas, but it's round and more representitive of the shield domes.

scratchy

You're very welcome Jay, thanks you too for the domes !
I cant imagine how hard it would be at your scale... A true nightmare ! Great job =)

I'm happy that they worked out for you Julien. I'll be keeping an eye on your SS ISD build, it really is a sight to see.

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

Loving watching the progress on this, I'd never have thought of using tha method to make domes, great job.

Those fiber optics must be a real headache to set up! Though I love the picture where they are lit and coming out of the holes, looks like a missile storm.

Great work!

Brilliant, I wish I could do this but I have to rely on buying my props.
I just wish Master Replicas had done one of these as people with a finished Star Destroyer rarely sell them.

Brilliant, I wish I could do this but I have to rely on buying my props.
I just wish Master Replicas had done one of these as people with a finished Star Destroyer rarely sell them.

it's possible to do this, try a small project and work your way up

Yeah, what they said!!(y)lol

thanks Smiling Demon!

Those fiber optics must be a real headache to set up! Though I love the picture where they are lit and coming out of the holes, looks like a missile storm.

Great work!

actuall, no headache at all..... time cosumeing, yes!

sweet ... looka amazing. nice work

Thanks Darth Lakota!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back