Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

That's some impressive scratch building, I strive for the day when I am able to do anything remotely close to that. Was that a Tie Bomber in one of the earlier pics as well?

thanks shenphong, good eye,.... I have two TIE Bombers on the go right now, one studio scale and another with the cockpit with fiber optic, lasers and other details.

...how much?

all offers considered, serious ones accepted.

i love this build, it ozzes class and sheer dedication, kudos to you on the build, pure awesomeness on all levels
all the best
colin

Thanks for the kind words.

How long is it till this will be done?

I suspect that the superstructure will take an incredible amount of time to finish. I think the hangers, equator waistband, bottom hull was relatively quite easy compared to what I'll be doing on the superstructure and all her detail parts. Not to forget the engine section, hopefully this will take less than a year.

It'll be worth it in the end, and just might turn out to be a nice display piece. Thanks for the encouraging words NAZGÛL.

Oh I thought the engine section would be easyer then the bridge or hangar?

The superstructure will take work Im sure, but Im certain youll succeed mate!

Thanks for the kind words.

I suspect that the superstructure will take an incredible amount of time to finish. I think the hangers, equator waistband, bottom hull was relatively quite easy compared to what I'll be doing on the superstructure and all her detail parts. Not to forget the engine section, hopefully this will take less than a year.

It'll be worth it in the end, and just might turn out to be a nice display piece. Thanks for the encouraging words NAZGÛL.

Whew! Glad I'm making the Devastator...complicated enough as it is!

Thank you for those kind words Harish.

Well, it's official, with the exception of the spires on top of the shield domes and the four small door flaps underneath the bridge, this piece is done. I'll add the other pieces at a later date, I just don't want to damaged them while handling her and repair them later on.

bridge20.jpg

bridge21.jpg

Thanks for following along, now I'll tackle the scribing of the superstructure and start detailing.

Marvelous work Scratchy...looking forward to seeing this finished. I got a styrene sphere for my reactor dome so that should be going on soon...

Marvelous work Scratchy...looking forward to seeing this finished. I got a styrene sphere for my reactor dome so that should be going on soon...

Thanks TialFiden. Glad to hear that you found a sphere.... that was one of my favorite areas to work on when I did mine:thumbsup

Hopefully it isn't too complicated to make, figure i'm going to cut it down to size; then i have self adhesive sandpaper i'll attach to the hull and sand it down to fit.

I added the end pieces to the superstructure, I didn't add too much scribing to this area, out of fear that the pressure of the knife blade would break these pieces off. I'll hit it with some pencil lines after it's painted.

supstructure8.jpg

I just finished with the scribing, I gave the the superstructure a light sanding with some steel wool, without blowing out the lines, just so they're a little bit more visible for the pics. Once I start glueing on the raised "plate" styrene, I'll add some more that closer resembles what's on the actual model, and I'll touch it up with some pencil lines after it's painted. I improved upon my technique, it didn't take as long as before, it was less work, and the results where better.

supstructure9.jpg

supstructure10.jpg

Next, I'll start penciling in the placement of the "shelves" along the perimeter and start glueing those on, then I'll concentrate on the tower and detail that area before touching the superstructure details.

very cool...was wondering tho, what is that yellow stuff?

It's tamiya polyester putty, it's a two part putty that comes with a catalyst. It's really nice stuff to work with. You want to mix in small portions because it cures fast.

Thanks Julien. Yeah, I would like to see some primer on her as well, just by looking at your work, primer really does tie it all in and eliminates all the pieces and makes it one.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back