HELP needed to ID MOONRAKER prop

They're Great!!!

I didn't mean larger as in closer...
but larger... as in the whole original photo that the photos you posted are close-ups from.

Ed

I don't have the full pics stored on my server.

It reminds me of an old phonograph cartridge.

Searched "Parts of Star Wars" Couldn't find it. Was this piece identified?
Anyone have any shots of where exactly it's located on the helmet?
Ed

Again...Way to go Clutch!!!

This is the best I could find....
Ed

007-MR_LaserPistolPart.jpg

Contacted a guy who is familiar with about 1000 cartridges. Says it doesn't look like any he's seen.

I contacted the guy who made that replica Star Wars helmet in the photo and asked if he can either provide the part or, at least, tell us what it is.
Ed

I sure hope so.
Finding that piece as well as those metal clips shown earlier in the thread would make a lot of people happy.

I'm wondering if that piece inside of the hanger is a model kit part.
Maybe one of the studio scale people might recognize it.

Moonraker shares some other parts in common with ESB props.
I noticed a piece of from the Falcon's interior also used as set dressing on the Bond film. It was the part that Leia is struggling to repair and Han tries to help her with.
There are probably several more prop part connections.

That part on top of the UZI look a heck of a lot like a G-clamp. You can clearly make out the thread and the handle at the back to tighten the clamp.

It's one that can be fixed to benchtop, or it could be part of a jig for cutting mitres or something similar.

Last edited:
I was wondering that too. I was also thinking it could be some sort of electrical connector or socket.
The whole assembly on the helmet (flex hose/conduit, flange housing, and internal connector) looks like some sort of push-on electrical (dis)connector.

The internal piece on both the helmet and gun looks like it might be a push-on connector where the other side (we haven't seen) would be a "male" pin that would go into the middle.

I've seen similar things used in cubicle data/telecom/electrical raceways, but nothing exactly like that.

I hope this helps.

That part on top of the UZI look a heck of a lot like a G-clamp. You can clearly make out the thread and the handle at the back to tighten the clamp.

It's one that can be fixed to benchtop, or it could be part of a jig for cutting mitres or something similar.

HMMM...THAT is a good speculation...I can see that!!!
VERY GOOD!!!
Ed

Makes sense since there are holes on the base of the part to screw it down plus that threaded rod would be appropriate if it were some type of clamp.

I think we're on the right track here.

In doing a google search I came across this apple peeler. I know...I KNOW...it's NOT the part we need but the idea of it resembles the basic theme of the part as you can see in my photoshopped pic...

Drax's Laser/Apple peeler rifle...LOL
Ed

MRAPPLEPEELER-1.jpg

Last edited:
Exellent job of the DRAX Moonraker Laser !!! I have been facinated with the MOONRAKER Laser since I saw the film. There are not many reference shots available to make an acurate reproduction. I have the base UZI - need to make the parts. Thanks for sharing. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back